PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about registering of .SO?

Adam001
01-25-2011, 07:49 AM
I decided to know about your thoughts on .SO domains as I am thinking to reg it.
also found a domain that could be good for me and Registrar - eurodns.com - that I am not sure if I can rely on.

is the company reliable? Your thoughts? Any better variants?

HostEase
01-27-2011, 02:45 AM
Domain is indeed not widely registered with extension .so. It is not easy for people to remember when they are trying to find it in search engine. People almost try to search sites preferentially with common extension like .com,.net,.info,biz etc. Previous to deciding a domain,think about the usage of your website.Then you would make final decision in terms of site content and usage.

Peligino
01-28-2011, 07:37 AM
You will have many advantages with .SO domain.. As I know, Eurodns has many accreditations, so you will make right decision to choose this company to reg domains. Try to contact them and ask about the advantages of having this domain.

tomatkins
02-02-2011, 04:03 AM
If you are looking to rank in the search engines for your keywords, then I recommend you stick to .com, .net and .org extensions.It seems that the search engines prefer these over any other extensions.It is very rare to see a .biz or .info or similar to be #1 on Google.