PDA

View Full Version : 8 Best and Free Open Source Softwares

mikehudson
02-14-2011, 02:58 AM
Hello Everyone,

Found useful information, thought to share with you all.
Here's a list of 8 Open Source Softwares Widely Used.

When you are a part of small business, you always look for any possible chance to save money. Sometimes, business owners and managers buy expensive softwares for office needs but what they don’t know is, in most cases they can find free softwares which are available for prolific use.

These free softwares can replace any of the expensive software that you mostly use for business purposes like operating system, email servers, human resources softwares, word processing programs, graphic design softwares or antivirus program.

In this article, I have gathered some free and open-source alternatives of some expensive softwares out there like Microsoft Office, Windows OS, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Exchange server etc. All these softwares listed here are free to use legally for your business.

So, have a look on my compilation of 8 best and free open-source softwares for small business. I hope some of these programs would fit your business needs and it can certainly save some serious cash by using them.

1) OpenOffice : OpenOffice is an open-source alternative to Microsoft Office and other similar software suites. This software is free to download and use. It contains programs like word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and more. It is available in many languages and works on all common operating systems.

2) OpenProj : OpenProj is a open source project management desktop software by Serena Software. It is replacement of Microsoft Project . Speaking of Microsoft Project, OpenProj does everything that Project does. It also adds a few tricks Project hasn’t learned: it works on Windows, Mac, Unix and Linux. And it’s completely free.

3) GNUCash : GnuCash is personal and small-business financial-accounting software, freely licensed under the GNU GPL and available for GNU/Linux, BSD, Solaris, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows. It is designed to be easy to use and allows you to track bank accounts, stocks, income and expenses. As quick and intuitive to use as a checkbook register, it is based on professional accounting principles to ensure balanced books and accurate reports. The main features includes double-entry accounting, stock/bond/mutual fund accounts.

4) OrangeHRM : OrangeHRM is a free and open source human resource management software with rich features and easy to use interface. OrangeHRM has users worldwide enjoying a free, stable and highly usable HRM solution. The system is backed by professional support and services as well as a fast growing, receptive and knowledgeable worldwide open source community.

5) Ubuntu : Ubuntu is an open-source and free operating system which is very light and loads quickly than windows platform. It has all the features which a OS has, like chat and email, office apps, Firefox for browsing etc.

6) GIMP : GIMP is a free and open source alternative of Adobe Photoshop. GIMP is an acronym for GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed program for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. It has many capabilities. It can be used as a simple paint program, an expert quality photo retouching program, an online batch processing system, a mass production image renderer, an image format converter, etc.

7) Zimbra : Zimbra Desktop is a free email and calendar client which runs on any Windows, Apple or Linux desktop computer. It works online and offline and works with any POP or IMAP email account as well as Yahoo! Mail. Zimbra syncs to smartphones (iPhone, BlackBerry) and desktop clients like Outlook and Thunderbird. Zimbra also features archiving and discovery for compliance. Zimbra can be deployed on-premises or as a hosted email solution.

8 ) Clamwin : ClamWin is a free and open source antivirus program for Microsoft Windows 7 / Vista / XP / Me / 2000 / 98 and Windows Server 2008 and 2003. ClamWin Free Antivirus does not include an on-access real-time scanner. You need to manually scan a file in order to detect a virus or spyware.

twilight
02-17-2011, 01:05 AM
Hey MySQL is also good open source database.

aimee7
02-17-2011, 01:49 AM
Well,
Thanks for the huge information about these softwares, these are very useful and effective.

openSource098
05-02-2011, 03:10 PM
All of the programs you write about are great. I think another useful open source software program is Sheetster Standing -- the first and only, open source private cloud web spreadsheet server.

If anyone would like to read more: http://www.extentech.com/estore/product_detail.jsp?showdetails=true&product_group_id=230&product_id=391

collin-macdonal
05-03-2011, 12:47 AM
thanks for this informative post.

xiiking
05-03-2011, 01:57 AM
These are really good list,Thanks for the 8 Best and Free Open Source Softwares,i really appreciate to you.

schwa
05-10-2011, 11:57 PM
It seems that I seldomly use them!

Abagail
05-11-2011, 04:01 AM
Thanks for sharing information.

JohnRosatti
04-05-2012, 04:21 AM
Wow ! incredible .Its a very good list of the Software.

michaelclarke
04-05-2012, 08:06 AM
Wow.........Thanks for sharing Software information.

B2Bexpert
06-26-2012, 02:56 AM
These are absolutely acceptable list,Thanks for the 8 Best and Free Open Office (http://www.pcdelicious.com/download/OpenOffice.htm)Softwares,i absolutely acknowledge to you.

armor143
06-26-2012, 07:18 AM
Thanks for this informative post.I like it and really appreciated with your information.

sabrinasai
06-27-2012, 12:52 AM
Good points, Thanks for the share.

virtueinfo11
06-27-2012, 07:45 AM
informative post on free open source software list. now a days many people are diverting on open source software.