PDA

View Full Version : Features of a good web designer?

aimee7
02-18-2011, 12:22 AM
Hi dears,
There are some features of good web designer,

The major components which should be kept in mind in the formulation of a good web page are text, navigation tools, links, graphics and General design. These tips would be a handy tool for the beginner web designers.

Web designing requires creativity along with some handy rules which have to be considered. The text should be aligned in such a way that it is not interrupted by the background. The font size of the text should be big enough so that it does not cause any strain in reading. Be sure that information provided is in proper hierarchal and clarity of the idea behind writing must exist.

Text and Images must be strategically added on the web pages through effectual website design. Browser compatibility is as well a key need that must be dealt with during web design creation stage. For that reason website development process must make sure that a balance is maintained between the text and the images.

Sabrina Gage
02-18-2011, 12:59 AM
Thanks for sharing these. It is very helpful.

joomlads07
02-18-2011, 06:33 AM
1.Background does not interrupt the text
2.Text is big enough to read, but not too big
3.The hierarchy of information is perfectly clear
4.Columns of text are narrower than in a book to make reading easier on the screen

Antoine
02-21-2011, 09:59 AM
These were quite interesting to read. I particularly agree with the importance of browser compatibility. One of the most annoying problems a user could encounter on a website is being greeted by the "your browser is not supported" message. Whenever I stumble upon such a website, I usually close the tab and never return to said site.

Another important feature of a web designer, if I may add, is the ability to combine his/her creativity with the client's instructions. I've worked with a few design companies to have some websites created for my business, and I, personally, like to choose the patterns, colors and text position myself. Web designers who work on the principle "let me do it my way, I'm the expert" usually end up getting into arguments with their clients.

webmaster2021
02-22-2011, 07:02 AM
Today some change happened in website design. A website designer try to make simple design with low use of images and flash.