PDA

View Full Version : Blog commenting useless for optimization?

cecilio
02-19-2011, 09:56 PM
So this is a question for the veterans out there. There has been a lot of opinions about blog commenting for SEO. Some communities say it is important for ranking and others claim it is useless and does not contribute to rankings or PR. Does anyone have any real experience with this over a long period of time. I have a hard time believing that if I score a blog comment on a PR6 site with no other comments, that it is useless. It is a back link from a high PR site. Although it is in the comment section I don't see the difference between that and say a back link from a directory or a footer link or a sidebar link from a website. I have seen some movement from my keywords from blog commenting. However I cannot say for sure it is from that. Because I have a variety of things going such as articles, blogging, directory submission etc etc. I just want to focus a majority of my efforts in the right direction, that will give me the best return for my time. Has anyone seen results from only blog commenting? Thanks in advance

Nile Hadwards
02-21-2011, 01:10 AM
I think blog comment is a good option in link building. As you say that blog commenting is useless. I am not satisfied with you. You know via blog commenting your site get indexed very fast and when you are commenting in a dofollow blog it's generate lots of traffic and ranking of a website.

Sabrina Gage
02-21-2011, 02:39 AM
You know I think it does work for your SEO when you comment on blogs with high PR. I think a good result has much to do with the quality and quantity of the blogs you comment on.

Vanillaxa
02-21-2011, 03:08 AM
Thanks man it makes more sense now and I think I can get closer to what I 'm looking for.

elijah
02-21-2011, 03:24 AM
Dear friend,
If the link is nofollowed, then no benefit in terms of serps, but there could some benefit in getting pages indexed as google will follow the link, and maybe you'll get a tiny bit more traffic from the link in the blog, depending on how good/relevant your comments are.

dorothykinder
02-22-2011, 04:19 AM
Blog commenting really helps you to get your website index fast in SE's. Having quality blogs with good content and in your niche will help you more than on other non niche blogs.

webmaster2021
02-22-2011, 07:46 AM
Blog commenting is a good platform for getting more traffic Wait! Only if we do blog commenting on theme based website or high page rank website then we can get more benefit or profit.