PDA

View Full Version : Titles and H1 tags - same or different?

skyvia
03-07-2011, 01:51 AM
Hi All,
I'm trying to find the best practice around having the TITLE tag and the H1 tag be different or the same. I've heard conflicting opinions.

I've also heard that if the title and H1 must be the same, then to have an H2 tag follow the H1 tag with unique content. Our CMS system makes them the same and I need to figure out if we need to indeed change this.

Thanks in advance!

Resources and/or examples are appreciated.

Snoopy
03-07-2011, 02:57 AM
Sure they are different and you should work all of them to get proper keyword rankings

michaelclarke
03-07-2011, 06:04 AM
Titles and H1 tags both are different

lingoway
03-07-2011, 07:00 AM
Title tag can contain 2-3 keywords .

h1 tag contains 1 major keyword.
h2 tag contains second imp. keyword.

Click SSL
03-08-2011, 08:43 AM
Both of these tags are different from each other. Title tags are used to give title that see in the SERP result so visitor easily know which kind of site is it or what the product or services are been deployed website while H1 is used as a header tag to give heading. you can use this tag to target your main keyword.

cpul
03-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Title and H1 are different.but I think both have a very close relationship
especially in seo optimization.according to SEO experts,title of a website / blog should use H1 tags.both for the main title or even to the title of your post.
only in the arrangement between the main title and the title of the post there own tricks.

hazelgaymon
04-26-2012, 05:35 AM
Hi.., Titles and H1 tags are totally different. Where titles are the used to promote the submissions as we can view the titles in the google once the site is indexed. H1 tags are the codes given to the keywords.

bposervices
04-27-2012, 01:11 PM
both are different. Title tag means your web page name title such as web page is about SEO services then you can add title "SEO services". and H1 tags means you can add bold text some of the text.