PDA

View Full Version : BIG web hosting company support level?

topdome
04-16-2006, 07:13 PM
Hey everyone,

Lately I was thinking that about one thing : Talking about web hosting , one of the most important things is its support for sure. From my personal experience I have in mind that all of the large hosting companies support do not give a **** about the single customer , as they relay on the "number" . A smaller company offering similar hosting features at reasonable price, have times better communication and satisfaction with their support , cause less customers - more attention for each one I believe.
So my question is why most of the "looking for host people" choose still those "big" ones as they could get much more from a "not so shiny place" ?

I guess is the freakin advertisement ?

FH-Donald
04-17-2006, 12:19 AM
probably is the advertisement. from my experience that is the way it is with all companies, try dealing with home depot to figure out what materials you need.
but if you go to a locally owned company they will be there and actually dont mind helping you to get what you need, not just telling you something to get you out of there way.

not trying to plug my company here but we get great feedback on our support team, we dont host 2 zillion sites on our servers so we can actually spend time with each customer. It all comes down to dollars, once a company reaches a a certain size they dont worry as much about keeping every customer happy. If they did they would hire more support people and lose just a little bit more profit to keep there customers happy.

cyberhostpro
04-17-2006, 04:03 AM
Personally when looking for a hosting provider i think people should look for

24x7 Technical Support

But, the number of hosts out there that advertise 24x7 on there website just to make signups.

People should try submitting tickets to hosts for tests etc to see does it get answered in time, as one day you may need urgent support.

Also hosts offering 24x7 live online support and toll free/freephone in multiple countries is just a bonus.

theheavenly
04-26-2006, 09:04 PM
Support is not just the reason that most of them go for Big Companies but the prices, that the small companies could not compete with the bigger ones.

Considering support, today some of the hosts were hiring an expert third party customer support company to do the trouble tickets for both UNIX and Windows. This way most of them keep their clients happy.

theheavenly
05-03-2006, 06:54 PM
Give up the code in your signature,

{email}Give up your E-Mail here (Ex: cheapez@cheapez.com){/email}
{url}Give up your Domain Name here (Ex: www.cheapez.com){/url}

Please do change the {} brackets to [] brackets while giving up the tag in the signature box.

HMarker
05-11-2006, 08:29 AM
topdome, i totally agree with you. Big companies tend to give standard answers to customer questions, just like they repeat FAQs.

They do not pay attention to what customer is really asking for. This happened to me when trying to get help from Godaddy.com