PDA

View Full Version : How to identify if my system is affected by virus ?

Winston
04-08-2011, 01:34 AM
It is been always a problem to handle virus in a system. I had a serious technical problem due to virus in my system. I received a mail in which a sheet was attached. It is stated to download the excel file to retrieve the purpose of the mail. When I clikced the download button, all opened application cloased automatically and the desktop appeared green with the information "your system is infected" in red. Later I needed to format the system. So if anyone is familiarized in dealing with such nasty virus, please do share sometips to stay caution to prevent the attack of virus.

pepbac
04-08-2011, 03:32 AM
Sorry for that but it also happened to, the people who send it send to destroy us.
I got it posted on my FB wall and i opened only to find my computer not working from that moment, now i can't accept ant Email or open any inbox that i don't is where it is from.
chooseoutdoorkitchens.com (http://downtowngourmetabq.com/2011/01/chooseoutdoorkitchens-com-achieves-record-sales-on-cyber-monday/) directtohomeappliances (http://www.qondio.com/products-directtohomeappliancescom-reviews-manufacturers)

pepbac
04-08-2011, 03:38 AM
Avoid Unknown Email, they are meant to ruin.

kilopy
04-13-2011, 02:58 AM
ooo? very interesting forum

davidlaw
04-15-2011, 01:15 AM
Hello,
If your computer is infected with a virus, you'll want to remove it as quickly as possible. A fast way to check for viruses is to use an online scanner, such as the Microsoft Security Scanner. The scanner is a free online service that helps you identify and remove viruses, clean up your hard disk, and generally improve your computer's performance.

If you're not sure whether your computer has a virus, see How can I tell if my computer has a virus? to check for some telltale signs. To try a different online scanner, follow the links to other companies that provide them on the Windows Security software providers webpage.

jasmine bell
04-28-2011, 07:05 AM
First of all avoid to open such doubtful or unknown emails, if it happen sometime then and you received the virus in your email, write down the subject line or name of the file attached to the message. Then search an anti-virus vendor's website for references to what you wrote down to try to find the name of the virus and instructions for how to remove it.

Sabrina Gage
04-28-2011, 11:24 PM
This post recalls a computer fixing joke to me. :-)

How to fix any computer.

If using Windows.
Step 1. Reboot. Did that fix it? NO? Proceed to step 2.
Step 2. Format hard drive. Reinstall Windows.

If using Apple.
Step 1. Take it to an Apple store. Did that fix it? NO? Proceed to step 2.
Step 2. Buy a new Mac.

If using Linux.
Step 1. Learn to code in C++. Recompile the kernel...(A lot of technical works)... Did that fix it? NO? Proceed to step 2.
Step 2. Revert back to using Windows or a Mac.

^_^

Elizabeth_I
05-03-2011, 07:15 AM
if your system is affected by a virus, it may start working strangely or slowly i guess:)

collin-macdonal
05-05-2011, 12:19 AM
First of all make sure that your anti virus is working effectively and avoid downloading things which are not secure.

Diamondzul
05-17-2011, 08:21 AM
If your system was affected with virus then its speed is totally decrease,functions are not working properly.Then you can say your system is affected with virus.

erlinda
05-17-2011, 08:34 AM
When I clikced the download button, all opened application cloased automatically and the desktop appeared green with the information "your system is infected" in red. Later I needed to format the system

Winston
05-18-2011, 05:01 AM
I too had he same problem. I received an email with an attachment. Similarly it turned green with the same message. I totally lost the control of my site. I had no anti virus installed in my system . So it is good to have a good antivirus always in a system. Also using cds and pen drives can load virus into your system.Som viruses are unableto delete and it compels to do formatting. Use an inbuilt firewall. Always check if it is on.