PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between local link popularity and global link popularity?

michaelclarke
04-16-2011, 06:36 AM
Local link popularity refers to links from sites in a specific topical neighborhood (as identified by algorithms such as Teoma - now used by Ask.com), while global link popularity doesn't discriminate and counts all links from any site on the web.

cipl123
04-16-2011, 12:53 PM
Hello,

I am agree with you. You have given perfect difference between both local and global link popularity.

albert69
04-18-2011, 02:12 AM
Link popularity is another term to refer to link visibility that has been used extensively. It also refers to the total number of inbound links to a particular website by different search engines. While Global link popularity refers to a site's overall link authority. It's calculation is based on all the links pointing towards your site from absolutely anywhere on the web, taking into account both quality and sheer amount of links.

webtriangle
04-18-2011, 02:37 AM
Local Link Popularity means targeting your site to a specific Geographical Niche like targeting optimization for google.co.uk. whereas Global link popularity covers every part of the globe like optimizing for google.com

John Peterr
04-19-2011, 05:26 AM
Hi All,
I do have question :
If I have site which does business in US, but the links acquired by the site over a period of time are global links. For Ex : out of 100% - 70% links that the site got was from the website which have the business apart from US and 30 % links are from the site related US business .

My question is : Does this have impact on the SERP in the niche of my business ?

john smith1
04-22-2011, 05:41 AM
thanks for sharing the useful information

jackhooper
04-22-2011, 06:56 AM
Getting local listings helps a lot for website who are country specific and owns domain related to its country. Geographical targeting plays a vital role in the field of ecommerce.

robwilley7
06-10-2011, 06:12 AM
Local link popularity refers to links from sites in a specific topical neighborhood (as identified by algorithms such as Teoma - now used by Ask.com), while global link popularity doesn't discriminate and counts all links from any site on the web.

If your website comes in top 10 with long tail including your local business keyword or area That is local link popularity.

And without long tail if its comes in top 10 that is local link popularity

lythium
06-10-2011, 07:06 AM
...If I have site which does business in US, but the links acquired by the site over a period of time are global links. For Ex : out of 100% - 70% links that the site got was from the website which have the business apart from US and 30 % links are from the site related US business .

My question is : Does this have impact on the SERP in the niche of my business ?

I don't think it does, at least as long as you do want to increase your online popularity and want to rank high in serps. As far as I know, Google counts and takes in consideration each and every backlink it can find (despite the fact that it won't make public all the backlinks it knows of, for example in the webmaster tools it shows only a bigger sample of them).

Btw, I think it is more probable and I tend to believe those who say that local link popularity refers to links a page has, while global means all the links a website has.
I'm just guessing, and correct me if I am wrong, but I don't see why would be important the geographical location of any backlink. In other words why would I focus on increasing the inbound links from my geographical 'neighborhood' - I don't think my competitors would want to link to me : ) ...

marklee99
06-11-2011, 12:52 AM
Local Link Popularity means targeting your site to a specific Geographical Niche like targeting optimization for Google.co.uk

Whereas Global link popularity covers every part of the globe like optimizing for Google.com