PDA

View Full Version : Domain Transfer & Email Data

cecilio
04-20-2011, 05:42 AM
Hi All,

I have a domain and hosting from one on the local hosting provider. Now I want to transfer my domain to Name.com and hosting to Hostgator.com... I have my email addresses at Google Apps...

Does this transfer of domain and hosting will lost my email address data as they are on google apps or email address data will not effect...

If it host google apps data then what is the way to save that data and how could i do that without loosing data.

Thanks in Advance

Yigedajiba
06-13-2011, 04:02 AM
I think we should not trasfer our domian easily....

HenryWilson
06-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Me too have the same query.......

Refer
06-16-2011, 03:31 AM
Steps that need to be done before the domain transfer:
1) Unlock your domain with the current domain registrar

Your domain status must be unlocked so the current registrar can accept our request for the transfer. You should be able to unlock your domain through the domain's general settings. If not, please contact your registrar directly and ask them to unlock it.

2) Cancel the private registration of your domain

Please check if the registration data for your domain is public and if the domain is really registered to you. If not, please update this information and make it accessible through the general settings of your domain or contact the registrar of your domain directly. You can check your registration data on www.whois.com. Private domain registration protects your personal data against publication, however, it can also disable the domain transfer. When the transfer is complete you can hide your data again.

3) Your account and WhoIS information for your domain should be current

Make sure that your registration e-mail address for your domain account is current and that you have access to it. Through this address you will receive the verification e-mail confirming your request for the transfer of the domain. We recommend you don't use your domain email address as your administrative contact because you might lose access to your email services temporarily during the transfer.

JerrickYeoh
08-17-2011, 10:00 PM
You do need to request the new hosting provider to help you backup or backup by your own before transfer.
Your Email may lost because those transfer unable to 100 % warranty that your data is secure.

SiberForum
08-23-2011, 05:41 AM
Does this transfer of domain and hosting will lost my email address data as they are on google apps or email address data will not effect...

I suppose that any company should do daily backups in order to make their clients sure that their files will not disappear.
There is no denying the fact that it will be a good idea to contact the company's support and ask them to help and take part in the transfer procedure.
Hope it will help.

sangbk
03-16-2016, 07:27 AM
Your Email might lost since those exchange not able to 100 % guarantee that your information is secure.