PDA

View Full Version : What is your own definition of Domain Names?

Grehamsmith
04-26-2011, 01:44 AM
Hello everyone,
I am so interested to know your views about Domain Names?
What is your own definition of Domain Names?Thanks in advance.

safeguardcloth
05-01-2011, 06:32 AM
A series of alphanumeric strings separated by periods, such as www.oup-usa.org, serving as an address for a computer network connection and identifying the owner of the address

while4
05-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Domain names are used because for all website unique IP address is provided.IP address is completely numbers.It is hard to keep the numbers in memory.So domain names are used to replace IP(but both domain names and IP can used in URL).These domain names are provided by several providers.One of them are

zita
09-22-2011, 02:28 AM
Hi,

In simple words, domain name is a name given for your website or business.. It is identical name on Web. Using it, anyone can access your website and business thought web.
It looks like yourdomain.com.

JerrickYeoh
10-17-2011, 12:50 AM
When i search for other website. I take domain as a brand name.
When i choose domain name, i take domain name as a seo purpose.
when i search result, i will take domain will describe what the website content about.

travelindia86
10-29-2011, 01:33 AM
i am agree with your answer

unlukyfellow
06-14-2014, 04:27 AM
A domain name is a way to identify a website. No two organizations can have the same domain name. Every company or organization that wants to be on the internet will register a domain name for use as their on-line identity or name that clients will use to access on-line services such as the organization's website or email system. Domain names are used in URL's to identify particular Web pages.And i got my domain at cheap rates from 9CubeHosting.com (http://www.9cubehosting.com/cheap_domains/)

dave33
06-14-2014, 01:53 PM
your domain name is your online identity in the eyes of your customers. it acts as a brand, and a search point.

NicholasK
06-15-2014, 03:07 AM
a Name for your business with some related extensions.

marks
06-16-2014, 03:22 AM
A domain name is a unique address of your website, it is your online identity that discloses a lot about you and your products.
To know in detail, see here: http://www.alphavbox.com/blog/the-most-effective-tips-to-select-a-perfect-domain-name

albertrichard
07-07-2014, 06:41 AM
A domain name is your address on the Internet. Like any address, it is important for the success of your business that you use, promote and protect it so that customers can find you easily. More than this, your domain name is your online-identity and brand - your customers won't just know you as Your company Inc., they will know you as "yourcompany.com".