PDA

View Full Version : Good or Bad SEO Move?

nikyboye123
06-04-2011, 12:02 AM
I want to apologize to you guys in this forum is I will be asking a very simple question that I know that even I could answer. Likewise, let me present the question itself for those who will be willing enough to share their answers to me. You know, I own this Virtual Private Server or VPS and I am paying at least twenty dollars for it every month. Now, I am thinking to make that shift to a shared hosting plan. Is this a bad or good SEO move? What harm can this move do for my website and its SEO effectiveness in the industry today?

greatar4
06-04-2011, 10:42 AM
I don't think this move can impact your site with regard to search engine optimization. As long as your site is live and accessible by search engines' spiders everything should be okay. Look, based on my own experience I even had domain name that was expired for a total of 2 days, despite my site was no longer live and accessible by search engines as well as people, even though I was quite concerned about that, but I did not lose my ranking till I renew it.

schwa
06-07-2011, 02:46 AM
You may not do that! Google spiders have cognized your website. If you change the web property or content, you may lose all your efforts that you devoted before! Better to keep it on!

ahsima
06-07-2011, 08:34 AM
A shared hosting may reduce the cost of investments for your website. However, it is upto requirements of website that it can be accomodated in the shared hosting itself. Otherside it doesn't have any impact in the SEO for your site.

dexmark
06-07-2011, 09:10 AM
This decision will not affect your seo - campaigns. As long the server will support the new traffic, that comes on the site..