PDA

View Full Version : Does Web Hosting effects SEO?

robwilley7
06-13-2011, 07:30 AM
Does Web Hosting effects Search Engine Optimisation?

thanks in advance
Rob willey

schwa
06-14-2011, 02:34 AM
I don't think so! The SEO can be affected by your own SEO sguff or skills!
The better web hosting is moore reliable!

dorothykinder
06-14-2011, 06:21 AM
Web hosting can be considered in very rare cases which affects seo, but if you have a web hosting provider with good services provided such as up time, bandwidth, seo gets least affects. Correct marketing strategies which are reliable makes your seo efforts good.

robwilley7
06-14-2011, 07:00 AM
Thanks for explaining my query about Search Engine Optimisation

lythium
06-14-2011, 07:11 AM
Does Web Hosting effects Search Engine Optimisation?...

The host plays a minor, almost negligible part in the SEO - in page load speed (but only if it's really slow) and uptime (only if the site is more down than up : ) ).
If your host is a decent one and supports htaccess, php.ini files, CRON jobs, proper 301 redirects etc., the only things you will have to worry about are the efficiency of your code and the quality of your content.

webmaster2021
06-14-2011, 07:23 AM
Yes, it effects search engine ranking, if we host our website on united kingdom based hosting server then it is possible to gets higher ranking united kingdom Google search engine.

lythium
06-14-2011, 08:27 AM
... if we host our website on united kingdom based hosting server then it is possible to gets higher ranking united kingdom Google search engine.

It is possible, but not necessary or mandatory. I think that a country-specific TLD/ccTLD is a much more powerful "hint" than the server's location.
I mean you could have the server wherever, let's say Australia, because as long as you have a website domain with .co.uk extention, Google will identify the site as directed towards UK (you can also set targeting in the webmastertools as well).

HenryWilson
06-14-2011, 12:17 PM
The host plays a minor role in SEO. Hosting changes may effect SEO very rarely.

kathrinefernand
06-22-2011, 06:36 PM
Yes, hosting can have a big effect on SEO. Many of the big web hosts don't allow you to use things like htaccess which are crucial for search engine friendly (and human friendly!) URLs via mod_rewrite, proper 301 redirects and other SEO ninja tricks. Speed is also a minor ranking signal now so your hosting needs to be fast and ideally support zip compression to reduce page loading time. Page speed affects SEO in a little percent and downtime affects crawlers to update search engines.

Hadwin
10-04-2011, 03:46 AM
Generally, a cloud-hosted website is operating on multiple connected servers. Instead of limited to a single server like what we have in traditional hosting services (dedicated/shared hosting), the website now has the access to multiple servers. Virtually, the processing power is unlimited as you can always add a new server and scale up.
Cloud Hosting Company (http://www.affordablecloudhosting.com/)

ajaykr86
10-04-2011, 05:40 AM
Yes,Web hosting effect ON SEO

aarisseo
10-05-2011, 01:55 AM
Web Hosting will surely be affecting in SEO. If you have a web hosting that often has downtime errors then your search engine ranking also will be affected. Search Engine Optimization is really vast and we should be careful in each and every factor to be successful.

scarlettmoss
10-05-2011, 02:39 AM
i agree with aarisseo with this one, a website with poor hosting will always provide downtime errors, that may cause your visitor to assume that your site is not working anymore.

skyinfo
10-05-2011, 03:22 AM
Hosting affects little bit, you have to choose that plan which provide more data transfer and web space, and take care of server downtime...

nitinslash
10-07-2011, 04:17 AM
I don't think that if you change your hosting services it will effects on your ranking. You can change your server anytime.