PDA

View Full Version : What do you know about Yahoo’s algorithm?

quintonlinscott
07-13-2011, 12:05 AM
Google’s search engine is just about as important as Yahoo’s search engine. You won’t be able to attract the required traffic if you don’t have a great Yahoo ranking. As far as Yahoo’s algorithm is concerned, a lot has changed. One of the biggest directories around right now is Yahoo. You will have to wait until you appear in the SERPs if you haven’t been included in their directory. In terms of the quality, Yahoo ranks a site that has more backlinks that are good according to me. The penalty of the sandbox is what I am really scared of, in the end. Any comments?

zita
08-29-2011, 08:26 AM
I was not known this Yahoo’s algorithm..
Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic.

samueld
09-05-2011, 07:40 AM
I don't have more information about Yahoo Algo. But i know that of you have good back links from directories, you can get good ranking in Yahoo. Thanks for discussion and sharing good information about Yahoo.

David54Ca
10-14-2011, 12:48 AM
Thanks for discussion and sharing good information about Yahoo.

philip rozario
12-18-2011, 03:51 PM
so far i know it is not exposed, only those who wrote it they know it. as well as this is not open source that's why it is not available. how ever this is my opinion.

tad122
12-19-2011, 11:04 AM
thank for sharing

JPC-Sabrina
12-28-2011, 02:38 PM
I am sure the Yahoo engine has changed since the OP opened this thread. Yahoo and Bing are now one as of Mid Nov. 2011. Some think this move may be a big game changer. Keep an eye on it and you may want to look at your webmaster tools at Yahoo if you are using them. The changes are only a couple of months old so I am sure some are still in the dark and they have not made the necessary changes on those systems.

jerrymoss33
12-28-2011, 04:09 PM
I really feel different. Thanks for providing the information.

Repfixer
01-07-2012, 05:56 AM
Yahoo Algorithm is not far from Google Algorithm but different at some points, Yahoo gives much interests in taking its web directory as part of the its Ranking Algorithm. It is sad but real, if you are not in Yahoo Web Directory, you can wait a long time before you appear in Yahoo SERPS. Zeal was the solution for a while if you didn't have the budget of adding a website in Yahoo Web Directory, now Zeal shut down, so submit your website to Yahoo.