PDA

View Full Version : Should we go for SEO if our site is in under construction?

joni27
07-27-2011, 03:51 AM
Should we go for SEO if our site is in under construction?
If no, then please let me know the reasons.
And in what cases google penalized our site.
Any help in this matter will be appreciated.

robwilley7
07-27-2011, 04:34 AM
Should we go for SEO if our site is in under construction?
If no, then please let me know the reasons.
And in what cases google penalized our site.
Any help in this matter will be appreciated.

I think if your site is under construction and you are aware of the sitemap and webpages, you can at least complete your on-page optimization so that when your website is live, your website will be properly optimized as per search engine standards.

But don't got for off page optimization activity or social marketing till your website is under construction

goldcommodity
07-27-2011, 04:44 AM
It depends on what kind of changes you will do to your website. If the web contents and link structures will be retained for each webpages and just the background design will be changed, it won't affect your website that much in terms of traffic since robots don't read content of images and relies only on the alt tags of the images which you can still keep and maintain even your website images. So pretty much its still the old content just new background design. But if you're planning to change everything, like changing of url structure, replacing web content, then that's another story. You may need to do a lot of redirects or rewrites in your htaccess file(See htaccess file tips and tricks) for url structure change, social bookmark(See social bookmark list) your new urls for your existing landing pages. Don't forget to update, re-upload and re-submit your sitemap to google webmaster tools and other sitemap submission websites. You can try generating your new sitemap using this sitemap generator

Click SSL
07-27-2011, 08:58 AM
You should have to wait. What will you do if your site will start getting visitors without completion? It will effect on your bounce rate of your website in very child moments.