PDA

View Full Version : How to Use of location in Search Engine Optimization for Local Business Promotion:

alexfrued
08-11-2011, 03:33 AM
How to Use location in Search Engine Optimization for Local Business Promotion:

The Internet become global in nature, but if your business is local, it makes no sense to concentrate on global reach, when your customers live in your city, or even in your neighborhood. For local businesses getting a global reach is a waste of resources. Instead, you should concentrate on the local community. You might be asking how you can do it, when the Web is global and Google doesn't classify sites according to their location.
Here are some tips to use of location in Search Engine Optimization for local business promotion:

Use location in keywords
Create backlinks with location as anchor text
Use location in body text
Use location in metatags
Get included in local search engine
Take advantage of Google Places and Yahoo Local
Run locally-targeted ad campaigns
Get listed in local directories
Use social media
Do occasional checks of keywords
Create separate pages for different locations
Ask for reviews and testimonials.

These common tips are help to optimize your site for local searches, if you trust on the local market. Perhaps you are already doing some of them and you know what works for you and what doesn't. Anyway, if you haven't tried them all, try them now and see how this will have a positive impact on your rankings.

dareckyoung
08-12-2011, 05:35 AM
Thats fantastic. Really. I am just want to tell if you choose this kind of tactics and used location effective like this, I am sure that you can get good benefits. I never get idea like this to add location in SEO factors.

Just brilliant post.n Keep it up.

08-12-2011, 05:48 AM
I agree with dareckyoung,
It is a brilliant post, hope to get more from your side.