PDA

View Full Version : What is KEI?

sabrinataylor83
09-27-2011, 10:30 PM
KEI stands for Keyword Effectiveness Index, which is something that was
invented for users of Wordtracker’s keyword research software. It is
supposed to help you measure the competitiveness of your keyword phrases,
but it’s never been a good way to do this. I suggest ignoring KEI altogether and looking at other ways to measure keyword competition. I wrote about this in a recent

syedmuddassar
09-28-2011, 05:37 AM
Great post sir :P Thanks for shearing :)

colinwood07
09-28-2011, 08:18 AM
Hello sabrinataylor83,
Thanks For sharing knowledge.
But is not sufficient also tell me how to calculate KEI ?

VijendraDiwakar
09-28-2011, 08:39 AM
Thanks for sharing this useful information this will help me and also tell how to calculate Keyword effectiveness index?

jonathan cole
09-28-2011, 08:47 AM
Keyword research, an important facet of search engine optimization and Internet marketing, draws a distinct parallel to traditional market research. Just as successful ad campaigns contain content that appeals to their target demographic, successful websites implement keywords that have the highest relevance and conversion rates.
Each search engine uses its own unique algorithm that is made up of various ranking factors. These factors determine which web pages to display for a particular search. While the engines purposefully do not reveal all of the factors that make up their ranking algorithm (for a potential list of factors

wakee456
09-28-2011, 02:36 PM
It is new thing for me . Great sharing .

evelyn8411
09-28-2011, 09:20 PM
It would be nice if you share with us the formula to calculate KEI
This is the first time I heard about this index.

kareelasmith
09-28-2011, 11:11 PM
KEI stands for Keyword Effectiveness Index, which is something that was
invented for users of Wordtracker’s keyword research software. It is
supposed to help you measure the competitiveness of your keyword phrases,
but it’s never been a good way to do this. I suggest ignoring KEI altogether and looking at other ways to measure keyword competition. I wrote about this in a recent
Thank You for sharing about KEI.

seoxcell
09-29-2011, 01:35 AM
KEI is Keyword Effectiveness Index. The higher the KEI, the more popular your keywords are, and the less competition they have. This means you have a better chance of getting to the top of the search engines.

taniasharma
10-01-2011, 06:45 AM
Keyword effectiveness index will facilitate the measure of competitiveness when you use SEO. It is a proposed standard formula to calculate how competitive and popular a set of keywords in search engines.

KEI for a keyword phrase is formulated as:

KEI = (Number of Monthly Keyword Searches)^2 / (Competing Pages)

Importance of the KEI :

* The KEI of a keyword should decrease if the number of competitors increases.
* The KEI increases if the number of searches increases.
* When simultaneously a keyword becomes more popular and more competitive and the ratio between popularity and competitiveness remains identical, its KEI should increase.

seoxcell
10-01-2011, 07:33 AM
KEI stand for Keyword Effectiveness Index, which measures how effective a keyword, is for your web site. It compares the number of search for a keyword with the number of search results to identify which keywords are the most effective for your campaign.