PDA

View Full Version : page not found

pestindia86
10-27-2011, 07:15 AM
why some times internet browser giving page not found ?

annavogelgm
10-31-2011, 06:36 PM
Ever encountered a "404 error" message on a site? Also known as a "page not found" error, it can really annoy visitors. Some of these folks may never return to your site. If you don't handle these people with care, you could drive important traffic away from your site. Now, you really don't want to do that, do you?

Links go "missing" for a whole bunch of reasons:

1. You moved the page elsewhere. Instead of grouping "mutual funds" under "Investments", perhaps you moved it to "Personal Finance" (for example)
2. Some other site linked to a page on your site. Either they got the link wrong or the linked page no longer exists (tip: please� try not to re-architect your site unless absolutely necessary).
3. A search engine still maintains an old index of your site and hasn't updated it in years.
4. Somebody made a minor mistake typing the URL in e.g., product.htm instead of product.html

But that's no reason to allow visitors to leave disappointed! Every site must have a custom "404 page" that tries to help people find what they thought they'd find. Experienced web developers (of whom there are lots on the thelist) know that such a page is essential for a large, high-traffic site. Or at least they ought to. If that's the case, why do some of the most popular sites on the Internet not have one?

jamsen
01-12-2013, 09:49 AM
The Error 404 "Page not found" is the error page displayed whenever someone asks for a page that’s simply not available on your site. The reason for this is that there may be a link on your site that was wrong or the page might have been recently removed from the site. As there is no web page to display, the web server sends a page that simply says "404 Page not found".

theshawnchin
07-30-2013, 02:26 AM
Some time when server going down then this error show but after some seconds and mint is will me come up again running condition .

servermonitor
08-05-2013, 06:32 AM
may be the page you were searching is broken link or else the server may down

noahwilson
08-05-2013, 07:17 AM
May be the page deleted from the server or the link may be wrong.

PoolrepairLV
10-02-2013, 11:30 PM
Either the browser can't connect to the site or that website itself has experienced technical errors.

Toursvietnam
10-05-2013, 03:28 AM
Ya, Many times i also have to face this problem of error 404 when i open websites, it's happened when site's server going down.

Toursvietnam
10-05-2013, 03:34 AM
Ya, Many times i also have to face this problem of error 404 when i open websites, it's happened when site's server going down.

Sapa Vietnam Tours (http://www.toursvietnam.com.au/traveldestinations/vietnam/sapatravel) | Vietnam Holidays (http://www.toursvietnam.com.au/tailor-made-tours/) | http://www.toursvietnam.com.au/

JunkoForonda
10-07-2013, 05:56 AM
The page you are looking for might not exist..probably that is why it is saying page not found.

rajeshedunomcon
11-05-2013, 06:36 AM
Hi

Was using Chrome no problems a couple of hours ago...then suddenly got crash reports when trying to open.

All I'm doing is clicking to open my Chrome (and for it to go to the homepage obv - which is set to www.google.com).

The screenshot attached shows what happens.
If I try and load a specific page using the Google icon in my taskbar it's exactly the same but it seems the page tries to load first in this case.

Using Malwarebytes for antivirus and it seems Microsoft Security Essentials too. The same pages are not a problem using other browsers.

I'm afraid I don't know how to look for extensions or disable my firewall! Sorry!

Hope you can help as I love using Chrome!

santoshedunom
11-11-2013, 08:05 AM
The Error 404 "Page not found" is the error page displayed whenever someone asks for a page that’s simply not available on your site. The reason for this is that there may be a link on your site that was wrong or the page might have been recently removed from the site.

dennis123
01-16-2014, 08:26 AM
Page Not Found(404) Error Means the page you are requesting is not found on your server. It might be because the link must be broken or the path to that page might have changed.

ghsoftwares
02-14-2014, 04:18 PM
Some time when server going down then this error show but after some seconds and mint is will me come up again running condition .