PDA

View Full Version : Firewalls

pavankumar
10-31-2011, 08:07 AM
what are the Types of Firewalls?

tisanjosh
11-03-2011, 03:39 AM
I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post!
I often write a blog, I really admire your content. Article really peaks my interest. I want to bookmark your site and keep checking new new information
Useful information ..I am very happy to read this article.

James-A
11-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Firewalls differ in the resistance provided against DDOS. Some firewalls can handle the attack upto 10 mbps, some upto 100 mbps and some upto 1 gbps. Proxy Shield is the only solution if the quantity of DDOS is huge.

dotnetmaster
11-04-2011, 03:04 AM
You can read this article http://www.freewimaxinfo.com/firewall-types.html. Or you can find it via google. :)

Leveltenhosting
11-04-2011, 03:34 AM
There are two major types: hardware and software

shownkrystal
11-07-2011, 08:16 AM
A firewalls is a part of Internet.It's using Internet security.It's most important part of Internet security.So i am always used to it in my computer.

WebIntellects-R
11-08-2011, 03:37 AM
There are two major types: hardware and software
Agreed, and mostly software firewalls are used because its cheaper

Jacob6080
11-08-2011, 06:15 AM
I am using ubuntu CE v2.1.
I am having problems with a few online tasks. I know very little about firewalls, etc, but from what I do know it appears that my firewall could be a possible culprit.
First, some of my problems:
- Counter Strike through cedega will not connect or display any game servers available.

---------------------------------------------------------
Medical Billing Software (http://www.medservicesstat.com/medical-practice-management.php)

GardnerBulkeley
11-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Types of fire can be Network layer firewall, Application firewall and Proxy firewall.

JPC-Sabrina
02-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Security is something the average internet user often overlooks. Almost no avg. users use a hardware firewall. I will have to look deeper into the link provided by dotnetmaster. It never hurts to boost your security and your security knowledge. Thanks for bringing up this important but minimally explored topic.

Donna03Demery
02-13-2012, 04:33 AM
, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post!

Thanks,
Cable ties (http://cableorganizer.com/cableties-wrap-clips/cable-ties.htm)

sandsouza
02-14-2012, 01:45 AM
Thanks for all of you to providing your experience here.

scan online virus (http://www.scan.com)

Manov
05-23-2012, 01:54 AM
The basic types of firewall are
Network layer and application layer.

sabrinasai
05-24-2012, 01:56 AM
Network-Level Firewalls
Circuit-Level Firewalls
Application-Level Firewalls
Stateful Multi-level Firewalls

madchic143
06-05-2012, 01:52 AM
A firewall is also a set of related programs and located at a network gateway server through the Internet, that protects the resources of a private network from users from any other networks.

biber
06-05-2012, 08:25 AM
I am also use firewall in my computer its essential for security of my
system.

smith29
06-05-2012, 09:04 AM
I didn't have any idea about it..

Josephcecil
06-08-2012, 02:31 AM
FireWalls??
How do I change The firewall?? I don't know where to do this????

insightsystem14
06-09-2012, 07:44 AM
Firewalls are also a key part of keeping networked computers safe and more secure for the computer. All computers mostly deserve the protection of a firewall, whether it’s the several servers and desktops that compose the network of a Fortune approximately 500 company and a traveling salesperson’s laptop connecting to the wireless network.

herculesvanline
06-12-2012, 05:46 AM
Firewalls can also protect both individual computers and mostly corporate networks from hostile intrusion from the Internet, but must be understood to be used properly.

marxgroucho27
06-15-2012, 12:34 AM
I will have to look deeper into the link provided by dotnetmaster. It never hurts to boost your security and your security knowledge. Thanks for bringing up this important but minimally explored topic.

smith29
06-15-2012, 08:37 AM
You can search full information on this link
http://www.freewimaxinfo.com/firewall-types.html.

jamsen
10-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Conceptually, there are two types of firewalls:

1. Network layer
2. Application layer

aretesoft
10-13-2012, 02:19 AM
Firewall is a software that protect your system from the hackers. It is inbuilt software in your system.

Investigative & Internal Audit (http://www.vkaca.net/InvestigativeandInternalAudit.html)

webcreations
10-16-2012, 03:42 AM
Firewall which is software which protects you computer system for potentially hazards site and hackers. Well internet is the house of major frauds, threats to the computer and lots of viruses. This problem was the reason behind the development of the firewall and firewall is in great demand today. So let’s check out what is this software is.

alfredo85
12-06-2012, 05:18 AM
These are the four types:

Network-Level Firewalls
Circuit-Level Firewalls
Application-Level Firewalls
Stateful Multi-level Firewalls

Alexiszrz
12-10-2012, 12:39 AM
Firewalls is the important factor of the internet. It helps to secure the browsing on Internet. Its also secured the internet as well as operating system.

Bluesky94
11-02-2016, 05:50 AM
In computing, a firewall is a network security system that monitors and controls the incoming and outgoing network traffic based on predetermined security rules. A firewall typically establishes a barrier between a trusted, secure internal network and another outside network, such as the Internet, that is assumed not to be secure or trusted. Firewalls are often categorized as either network firewalls or host-based firewalls. Network firewalls filter traffic between two or more networks; they are either software appliances running on general purpose hardware, or hardware-based firewall computer appliances. Host-based firewalls provide a layer of software on one host that controls network traffic in and out of that single machine. Firewall appliances may also offer other functionality to the internal network they protect, such as acting as a DHCP or VPN server for that network.

digitalone
11-08-2016, 04:44 AM
Packet-filtering firewalls
Circuit-level gateways
Stateful inspection firewalls
Application-level gateways
Multilayer inspection firewalls

aegisinfoways
12-20-2016, 01:09 AM
A firewalls is a part of Online. It's using Online protection software security. It's important part of Online protection software.So i am always used to it in my computer.

kumar1
12-31-2016, 05:49 AM
There are three types of firewall like as a Packet filters, Stateful inspection, Proxys.

lolipop99
01-01-2017, 08:52 PM
Packet filters, Stateful inspection, Proxys.

alpa
03-13-2017, 12:47 PM
Generally the firewall has two network interfaces: one for the external side of the network, one for the internal side. Its purpose is to control what traffic is allowed to traverse from one side to the other. As the most basic level, firewalls can block traffic intended for particular IP addresses or server ports.

manoharparakh
01-10-2020, 05:20 AM
The five types of firewall are:

Packet filtering firewall
Circuit-level gateway
Stateful inspection firewall
Application-level gateway (aka proxy firewall)
Next-generation firewall (NGFW)

https://esds.co.in/security/vtmscan

yuva12
11-11-2020, 08:57 AM
Packet-filtering firewalls.
Circuit-level gateways.
Stateful inspection firewalls.
Application-level gateways (a.k.a. proxy firewalls)
Next-gen firewalls.
Software firewalls.
Hardware firewalls.
Cloud firewalls.

jesica
11-12-2020, 03:33 AM
packet filtering, application, and packet inspection

yuva12
12-01-2020, 08:33 AM
Packet-filtering firewalls.
Circuit-level gateways.
Stateful inspection firewalls.
Application-level gateways (a.k.a. proxy firewalls)
Next-gen firewalls.
Software firewalls.
Hardware firewalls.
Cloud firewalls.

iamremyma.ma
09-28-2022, 03:39 AM
Firewalls are one of the oldest network perimeter security tools in the market, and it’s just as important today as it was 30 years ago. Filtering out malicious traffic before it enters a network is a crucial network security operation.

With technological evolution, firewalls have advanced in capabilities and functions. I’ll list the five broad types of firewalls here without going into too much detail.

Packet filtering firewalls – Network access is controlled by inspecting outgoing and incoming packets based on source and destinations, such as IP addresses, protocols, and ports. It’s also called a static firewall.

Stateful inspection firewalls – Also called a dynamic firewall, it inspects packets and checks whether the packet belongs to a particular session or not.

Proxy firewalls – It's a much more thorough firewall, as it verifies requests at the application level itself. It prevents direct contact between external clients and your internal server.

Next-generation firewalls (NGFW) - It’s an “intelligent” firewall that combines traditional capabilities with newer technologies like deep packet inspection (DPI) and intrusion prevention systems (IPS).

hoststud
01-05-2023, 02:18 PM
As an server admin we always have to secure our server from various kinds of attacks like DDos, malware, bruteforce, rootkits and backdoor. /firewall help us to secure our server, Config server firewall is oneoftheserver whichhelpsus to secure our server. You need SSH access toinstall forewall on server. You can first install firewall (https://hoststud.com/resources/how-to-install-and-configure-csf-firewall.19/) on server and then configure it according to need to secure it.

jhon114smith
01-17-2023, 03:48 AM
A firewall is a security system that controls incoming and outgoing network traffic based on a set of rules and other criteria. Firewalls are commonly used to protect a computer or a network from unauthorized access and can be implemented in both hardware and software forms.

There are several types of firewalls, including:

Network Firewalls: This type of firewall is placed at the gateway of a network to protect all devices connected to it. Network firewalls can be hardware-based, such as a router with a built-in firewall, or software-based, such as a firewall program that runs on a server.

Host-based Firewalls: This type of firewall is installed on individual host computers, such as a personal computer or a server, to protect them from unauthorized access. Host-based firewalls are typically software-based.

Application Firewalls: This type of firewall is designed to control access to specific applications or services running on a network or host. Application firewalls can be implemented in both hardware and software forms and can be used to block specific types of traffic, such as email or web traffic.

Next-Generation Firewalls (NGFW): This type of firewall is an advanced firewall that combines the features of traditional firewalls with other security technologies, such as intrusion prevention systems (IPS) and web filtering. NGFWs are generally considered more effective at detecting and blocking advanced threats and malware.

Stateful Firewall: This type of firewall keeps track of the state of network connections, allowing it to keep track of which connections are legitimate. This allows blocking unwanted traffic and only allow traffic that is part of a legitimate connection.

Proxy Firewall: This type of firewall acts as an intermediary between the clients and the servers, it hides the IP address of the clients and forwards the traffic to the appropriate server. This allows for more granular control over the traffic, including caching and filtering.

Each type of firewall has its own strengths and weaknesses, and the right choice of the firewall will depend on the specific needs of your network or host.