but I am unable to do so -
can anyone please help me?

simonj1
11-20-2011, 01:03 AM
You should go for google search,
You can find tutorials in this regards.

newsky
11-20-2011, 10:19 AM
There are 3 ways to install Google analytics in WordPress. Direct paste, functions.php, and plugins.

Direct Paste Method

Copy the code that you received in Step 6, and paste it in your theme’s footer.php right above the </body> tag.

Functions.php Method

Add the following code in your theme’s functions.php file and don’t forget to paste your Google Analytics code from Step 6 here.

<?php
add_action('wp_footer', 'add_googleanalytics');
function add_googleanalytics() { ?>
// Paste your Google Analytics code from Step 6 here
<?php } ?>
Plugins Method

There are tons of plugins available to add Google Analytics to your site. The two that we recommend are:

Google Analytics for WordPress by Joost de Valk
Google Analyticator by Ronald Heft

Once you have installed Google Analytics in your site, you can go back to the screen from Step 6 and click Save and Finish. Then you will be taken to the overview of your site’s analytics.

You can see the status have an exclamation work. This just means that Google hasn’t realized that you have added the code to your site. It takes Google upto 12 – 24 hours to start providing you with the awesome site stats that you need.

This is a must have for every blog, so get it now. If you have any questions then feel free to ask in the comments. If you like this article, then please share it with your friends on twitter and facebook.

Note: This is only for Self-Hosted WordPress.org blogs. Free WordPress.com sites cannot use Google Analytics. Maybe it’s time to upgrade from free WordPress.com to Self-Hosted WordPress? Consider using our Free WordPress Blog Setup program.

mesasa
11-20-2011, 10:43 PM
Hi, I have it on my WP. An easier way is to go to WP plugins and search "Google Analytics" and it will automatically install it thru the plugin. If you want another really good analytic tool for WP go to the plugins and search "wassup". It tells you how many visitors for 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 6 months, 1 year. It also tells you how they came to be on your site, where they are from (ie state, country, etc) and also tells you who's on your site right then.