PDA

View Full Version : Stay AWAY from 247-host!

wkheathjr
07-22-2006, 04:24 PM
I signed up http://www.247-host.com last november and I have experienced a lot of downtime like this:

1) Webpage not loading up
2) Unable to access FTP or cpanel (sometime at same time) when the page is loading up fine.

Once, my experience came at worst time especially when we were approaching a special event date and the website was down too often, which isn't good when you are trying to achieve a successful festival.

Also, they try to avoid technical stuff as much as possible trying to leave all the responsibilities to you.

Gave too many chances and been patient too long but I think I have had enough and I am already looking for a different reseller hoster, which is why you will see my request at webhosting offer forum on this site. Thanks!

NS-Icon
07-22-2006, 04:59 PM
Sorry to hear about your problems, I am sure a hosting provider will reply to your other post and let you know about their services :) Keep us informed on how things work out.

dogotek
07-23-2006, 04:11 AM
I thought that those tings only happened to me. I seemed that every time I paid for an advertising campaign my website began to do strange things as the date approached. This caused me to make some changes to become a reseller and I have never been happier. Good luck making you changes!

vik007
08-02-2006, 01:37 PM
I disagree. I would highly recommend 247-host. I have had accounts with them for over 2 years now. No problems at all. They support is also one of the best. If you are looking for bargain price and great hosting, I would recommend 247-host.com.

NS-Icon
08-02-2006, 02:55 PM
What domains do you have hosted with them?

loon
09-18-2006, 11:18 PM
I signed up http://www.247-host.com last november and I have experienced a lot of downtime like this:

2) Unable to access FTP or cpanel (sometime at same time) when the page is loading up fine.

Once, my experience came at worst time especially when we were approaching a special event date and the website was down too often, which isn't good when you are trying to achieve a successful festival.

Also, they try to avoid technical stuff as much as possible trying to leave all the responsibilities to you.

Gave too many chances and been patient too long but I think I have had enough and I am already looking for a different reseller hoster, which is why you will see my request at webhosting offer forum on this site. Thanks!

Web pages not loading is probably because of uptime they offer to you. Sometimes u need to calculate for those who offer you 99.9 and 99.99 it show great differences for 99.9 you have approximately 43 min downtime but for 99.99 you got only 4 min.

MXHUB
09-18-2006, 11:29 PM
Their server probably overloaded. This will cause server to crawl and your connection to the server may end up time out or webpage taking longer than it take to load.

theheavenly
09-21-2006, 03:59 AM

Sorry to hear the bad experience you faced. With our hosting provider we do not have any issues regarding uptime or other.

ASP-Hosting.ca
09-21-2006, 02:55 PM

The earlier you move to another host, the better. This time make sure you have researched the company you are going to host with.

gooyah-host
09-21-2006, 08:52 PM

Man sorry to hear that.

[ Edited by NS-Icon ]

Thanks,

Trevor

NS-Icon
09-21-2006, 09:15 PM
Man sorry to hear that.

[ Edited by NS-Icon ]

Thanks,

Trevor

Hi Trevor,

Please try to ensure you dont self advertise your services :)

gooyah-host
09-21-2006, 10:26 PM
OK no problem, sorry about that.

NS-Icon
09-21-2006, 10:43 PM
No worries :)

steven22
10-14-2006, 05:45 AM
Sad to hear these issues need to to be handled on first priorty as they are level 1 issues.

get the best relaible and quality support.:)

Maksa
11-21-2006, 06:14 AM

i am 101% agree with you. 247-host.com is worst. i don't have words for them. but i have never seen any poor web host like them. i am having a/c with them from May 2006. everything was working fine in first 2 months but now i am facing a lot of problems. my all site face problems. can't open my websites in all network. every week atleast 2 to 3 hours downtime.:mad: really don't know what's happening.

They have lots of answers like some one trying to hack our server. etc..:(

i m really upset with them i don't have money now so can't do anything. but once my 1 year get over i'll search some nice host.

I disagree. I would highly recommend 247-host. I have had accounts with them for over 2 years now. No problems at all. They support is also one of the best. If you are looking for bargain price and great hosting, I would recommend 247-host.com.

i never recommend it to any one yes we can reommend it to our enimies.
they have 12 hours support not 24 hours. I am in India (GMT 5:30+) right now if i post any tickets in day time here then i get reply only in night.

I want my money back but i know they will never do that now. please stay away from them. i m really fed up with their services.:mad:

Maksa
11-22-2006, 01:09 AM
InternetSeer Recovery Alert Report :

URL: http://www.maksazone.com
Time: Tue Nov 21 09:00:35 EST 2006
Total Time on Error: 5 hours, 2 minutes, 25 seconds

my site was down for 15:07 hours on 16th Nov 2006.

so this week it was down for more then 20 hours

now you can imagine how bad is 247-host.com

a tech is working on this and we will fix it asap.
If you need any further assistance, please let us know. Thank you.
247-Host Support Team

that's their reply after posting ticket they took more then 10 hours to reply it

Datex
11-22-2006, 07:21 AM
A site I have at 247-host.com. I have just bought the monitor service from siteuptime.com They tjeck every 5 minutes

Check time (PST +8.0) Result
November 17, 2006 19:42:24 Failed (5 checks)
November 19, 2006 20:16:08 Failed (3 checks)
November 19, 2006 20:35:59 Failed (1 check)
November 20, 2006 11:07:18 Failed (21 checks)
November 20, 2006 12:58:15 Failed (2 checks)
November 20, 2006 13:13:20 Failed (2 checks)
November 20, 2006 13:28:55 Failed (1 check)
November 21, 2006 17:43:23 Failed (2 checks)
November 21, 2006 18:08:13 Failed (1 check)
November 22, 2006 08:13:40 Failed (2 checks)
November 22, 2006 08:28:58 Failed (14 checks)
November 22, 2006 09:44:34 Failed (11 checks)
November 22, 2006 10:44:57 Failed (17 checks)

The tjeck is only for http - sometimes the MySQL server is down.

Maksa
11-22-2006, 07:27 AM
right now my all sites down. :(

waiting for good time so i can change to some better host :)

Maksa
11-23-2006, 01:22 AM
yesterday's down report :(

Time: Wed Nov 22 09:22:03 EST 2006
Total Time on Error: 4 hours, 33 minutes, 51 seconds

their service is like hell :(

my mail server is down right now

Dach
11-23-2006, 09:15 AM
Dear 247 tech support,

i see that i have an invoice to pay for next month but i'm thinking that next month should be free of charge.
I think that i have right to ask that from you since:
1. Your uptime, judging by my statistics, is below 98%
2. SQL service has not achieved more than 80% uptime
3. CPU load on your server is very high and server is very slow
4. I'm still waiting for your response about redirections made from cPanel, i posted that ticket 3 weeks and 2 days before
5. Any kind of script is working slow
6. Sometimes it's just impossible to get into WHM or cPanel, not to mention that sometimes i even cannot create new hosting account.

So, i think that there is enough facts and all of them are telling me that this month was the worst of all since February.
I hope that you will not charge us for a next month or i'll expect from you to give me back my money by your "30 day money back guarantee" since 30 days has not passed since last payment.

Also, i would like to get telephone number, full adress including city and postal code and name of CEO because you're violating your contract so i have a full right to take charges against you.

Regards.
----------------------------------------------------------------
After some words from 247 , and taking care of problems ,
I will stay with 247 for now .
I get some some promises from them and i will update
this post with news from 247 and service thay provide.
I hope it will be all good.

expert1
11-27-2006, 08:52 AM
I used 247-Host - no problems at all. Very helpful staff and always willing to assist. I have recommended by friends to them as well and will continue to do so. Keep up the good work 247-Host.com !

Vik

Maksa
12-04-2006, 02:40 PM
I used 247-Host - no problems at all. Very helpful staff and always willing to assist. I have recommended by friends to them as well and will continue to do so. Keep up the good work 247-Host.com !

Vik

he must be staff of 247-host.com coz he is the only one who is happy with them ;) lol

my last report..

Time: Sun Dec 03 10:21:58 EST 2006
Total Time on Error: 7 hours, 5 minutes, 1 second

Maksa
12-07-2006, 11:37 AM
again same problem

Time: Thu Dec 07 10:18:38 EST 2006
Total Time on Error: 8 hours, 33 minutes, 24 seconds

MXHUB
12-07-2006, 08:59 PM
How was the server load your site is on? I suggest report hits to 247 host and tell them to transfer your site to another server. Alternative solution is find a new host and don't suffer under this serious downtime marathon.

ednit
12-12-2006, 01:15 PM
I am unhappy with 247-Host. I've had one domain hosted with them for several months this year and I have been plagued with downtime & issues receiving my email.

The website I have hosted with them has no content, it's only there to deflect traffic/search engine robots to my other sites as I cannot host this particular domain with my current host (hostgator). I do attempt to receive email for this domain when the mail server is working (which seems better now than it used to be).

I'm just irked because I've been trying to login to the control panel for the last 3 hours for this website & cannot do it. . . and I forgot the name of the hosting company & through some research remembered the name & found this thread. I joined here initially to say you should probably stay away from 247-Host if you're a semi-serious webmaster. If you've got a website for hobby: maybe they'll be a good hosting company - but in regards to the uptime, support & overall dependability; if you're running a website for profit (to make money), then, IMO, you should look elsewhere.

These are my experiences, and not meant to state that this will be your experience with the company. I'm sure that 247-Host has many happy customers or else they would get shut down soon enough. I just happen to not be one of them.

Maksa
12-23-2006, 05:05 AM
Hi Friends,

Last week 247-host moved my a/c to their new sever. and belive me no down time. it;s hard to belive but it's true. if u are also 247-host client then ask them to update u to new better server. i havent recived any errors or any downtime yet.

i hope i'll not get downtime anymore... all the best for 247-host. after getting batter server i don't have any complains to them now...

see u all

Bull
01-11-2007, 04:37 AM
But you don't have complains so far maybe because you use them only for a short while. We'll see what you say in a month or two.
Hello. I fully agree with you. You have to understand that maybe your problems were temporary.

mwaraitch
05-26-2008, 03:50 PM
Just came across these posts searching for few aspects on net. It seems old post.
Since I happen to work with them for about 2 years in the past as reseller, I thought it may be unfair no to share here. My personal experience with them has been nice hosting at low cost and reasonable efficiency. May be at time poeple get distracted on short happenings, hard to really comment on others.

At my end 247-host.com were pretty active, competitive and technically sound host.

~ServerPoint~
05-29-2008, 04:41 AM
I think that any host have as bad as good reviews and you do. Are you happy customer of 247 host?

mwaraitch
05-29-2008, 01:26 PM
I think that any host have as bad as good reviews and you do. Are you happy customer of 247 host?

Just as I mentioned in my comments above I have been a reseller of 247-host for considerable period in the past, around the time most of these comments were made and it worked well for me, so considered it appropriate to share.

management
06-08-2008, 04:07 PM
I am sorry to hear about your bad experience with this host. Good luck in searching for another more reliable provider.