PDA

View Full Version : Spam Backlinks Effect

robwilley7
12-17-2011, 01:27 AM
Hello to Everyone..

Guys Can anyone tell me If my website has been posted on some spam website.I have checked my Backlinks Report in details some of the backlinks are coming from unknown host..there are showing status of dummy .I didn't understand from where all this links are coming & also its not related to theme of my website also have huge list of links so it will be effect ranking of my website?

share your answers.

thanks..

alpaca
12-17-2011, 05:00 AM
Hi Rob, spammy backlinks shouldn't affect your rankings or SEO as long as you have plenty of good links. This is because Google won't penalise you for something your competitor could do to you. If building spammy links harmed a website I would be doing it to all my competitors! Just ensure that you have good quality links as well and ensure you don't link to any spammy sites because that will affect your rankings!

vincentroberts
12-17-2011, 08:19 AM
Hello to Everyone..

Guys Can anyone tell me If my website has been posted on some spam website.I have checked my Backlinks Report in details some of the backlinks are coming from unknown host..there are showing status of dummy .I didn't understand from where all this links are coming & also its not related to theme of my website also have huge list of links so it will be effect ranking of my website?

It happens some times. Login to Google webmasters and request google to remove those backlinks. Google will remove those links within 2-3 days.

mesasa
12-17-2011, 10:19 AM
Links from spam sites will surely affect your links and to overcome it, better you can start build links in quality related websites and its good effect will surely reflect in few months.

JamesMac3001
12-17-2011, 10:06 PM
Yes, if you have done plenty of Good-SEO Work, the spam links can't hurt you. It is really bad for new sites, because they haven't had much time to build up good SEO ranking. Good luck.