PDA

View Full Version : Is short URL useful in seo?

robwilley7
12-19-2011, 04:49 AM
Hello to everyone..

I have noticed Now a days, most of the webmasters are using short url to promote their sites. So, I want to know this tiny or sort URL beneficial.how its useful..?

Share your opinions..

thanks.

asim.adeel
12-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Yes it is really useful. This is because for every visitor it is easy to learn and share. Also for SEO it is better to have short URL's instead of long or difficult.

Click SSL
12-20-2011, 12:57 AM
Shorten URL can helps in micro-blogging such as Twitter, FriendFeed, Plurk and more social networking sites. It is also helpful for that website which has too long URL in their website and wants to submit in few specific websites like social bookmarking.

shakir
12-20-2011, 03:06 AM
As SEO do not find any difference, All URL same for SE but for user to type and remember better is small URL

Amy.Sarin
12-20-2011, 04:30 AM
In Matt Cutts words- “There is no harm in using URL shorteners as long as they are well behaved” ;).
Long URL’s are more descriptive and searchable but short URL’s are good as well (useful for sending on social networks)
It's mainly about the keywords tied to the URL. So a long or short name wouldn't make much of a difference?
I would stick to “old is gold thing” that is traditional long URL’s because of user’s sake and searchability. I fear links might die in case these URL shortener services die.

Ken Peterson
12-20-2011, 06:28 AM
Short url is useful in SEO in terms of submitting your post in other social-networking sites like Twitter, and it is usually used in micro blogging site to fit in the submissions of every message.

Upendraets
12-20-2011, 07:38 AM
ya, Tiny URL helps in SEO because if you make a URL from any website then that spread your link and your Tiny URL is used in MIcro-blogging.

Delois
12-20-2011, 08:24 AM
Yeah, I think shorten URLs are very important for the SEO. It is basically used for micro-blogging in the social networking websites like Twitter, Plurk, Meemi and many more social networking websites to promote your content or website. Basically it is used for all websites which have certain limits on sharing.

amitmax
12-20-2011, 08:59 AM
I don't think it has any value but short urls are really helpful for online promotion specially on micro-blogging websites are on those websites which have limit for characters or words so if they are helping then we should use them.
thanks

bposervices
12-20-2011, 12:25 PM
yes in Twitter and other social media sites, micro blogging websites you can put short URL in your content. Basically shorten URL used for all websites which have certain limit on sharing.

EdithCMiddleton
12-20-2011, 08:13 PM
Yes, it really help but the fact that it's not applicable for link building.

jack12
12-29-2011, 05:40 AM
Lessen URL can allows in micro-blogging such as Tweets, FriendFeed, Plurk and more public networks. It is also beneficial for that web page which has too long URL in their web page and wants to post in few particular internet websites like public bookmark submitting.

Abbott123
12-29-2011, 06:21 AM
Yes, it really help but the truth that it's not appropriate for linking.