PDA

View Full Version : About the Meta Data

stevesmith963
01-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Metadata is structured data which describes the characteristics of a resource. It shares many similar characteristics to the cataloguing that takes place in libraries, museums and archives. The term "meta" derives from the Greek word denoting a nature of a higher order or more fundamental kind. A metadata record consists of a number of pre-defined elements representing specific attributes of a resource, and each element can have one or more values. What is you opinion on the Meta data? Pleases hare your views.

ajaykr
01-04-2012, 07:10 AM
sorry i do not know much more about it .thanks

oliviaskye
01-16-2012, 01:47 AM
Meta data is essentially data about other data. It provides information about a certain item's content. Meta data describes how and when and by whom a particular set of data was collected, and how the data is formatted.

ajaykr86
01-16-2012, 07:34 AM
hi, i am agree with your answer and this is useful for me.

mobileapplover
01-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Well, I think about that it is refer to the info that assists SE recognize data on WebPages, which in turn, assists them obtain sorted and cataloged properly. Usually referred to as data about data, Meta data is hidden inside of sites so that SE can right to use the info.

mslough
01-16-2012, 11:45 AM
where we need meta data ,why we need this ,,i have listen first time about meta data ,

uumair
01-16-2012, 05:57 PM
With meta data you mean meta tag and meta discription ?? don't understand your question