PDA

View Full Version : Which is Best For You?windows vps or linux vps

dilehost
01-14-2012, 01:55 AM
VPS hosting has two categories in terms of operating system: Windows VPS hosting and Linux VPS hosting. We all know that there are a lot of differences between the two. So which of them is better? Let’s study their unique features.
Windows VPS Hosting
Remote desktop access. This feature allows users to access the graphical user interface (GUI) of their Windows VPS. In addition, this access may be made available to any secured computer so you have more control over the administration of your VPS.
Support for ASP and ASP.NET. Some providers say that their [b]Linux VPS will work with and ASP and ASP.NET, but in the end it’s still best to stick with Windows VPS since the two scripting frameworks were developed by Microsoft.
Support for Microsoft Access and Microsoft SQL Server. Databases made using these two will only function properly in a Windows-based environment. However, unless you’re willing to pay for a My SQL Server Standard or Enterprise license, you’ll be stuck with the Express edition. As an alternative, you may use Microsoft Access but it’s not as scalable as Microsoft SQL Server.
Linux VPS Hosting
SSH Access. Some users claim that SSH access is more interactive than Remote Desktop access. In a way it is since it’s text-based and hence easier to accomplish some tasks that you know well. But for those who aren’t knowledgeable on commands, it can be difficult to understand.
Affordability. Linux is the perfect choice for those who are on a budget yet wish to harness the power of VPS hosting since it’s free open source software. Unlike with Windows VPS hosting, you don’t have to pay for licensing fees.
Reliability. Linux servers and web hosting are seen to be more reliable than Windows-based ones. Because of the manner that Microsoft handles updates, you’ll never get 100% uptime. In addition, [url=http://www.315vps.com]shared hosting (http://www.315vps.com) Linux servers and applications bcan be optimized to use less resources so you can be assured of a fallback if ever your system suffers a load spike.
To conclude, Windows and Linux VPS hosting are geared towards different target markets hence the varying features. In the end, it’s important to know what your exact needs are so you’d know which of the two to use.

gurleen
01-14-2012, 06:31 AM
Window hosting is best

mesasa
07-09-2012, 01:06 AM
I think it will be not an easy answer for anyone until they are not clear with your requirements if your user/ customers do have html websites you may go with Linux VPS however if you are having requirement of Microsoft ASP.NET or MSSQL then you shall always prefer to go with Windows VPS only.

thewebhostingdi
07-09-2012, 03:53 AM
I agree with mesasa, It depends on your requirements ... If you're looking to run your websites using Microsoft technology, windows hosting is the best solution ...

jonysheela
07-09-2012, 05:38 AM
windows is best

motorola4gatrix
07-14-2012, 06:05 AM
My vote is also for windows vps.

fymk
07-17-2012, 12:19 PM
If your looking for a hosting platform, check out the enlight package offered by ukhost, as far as windows vs Linux there's more +'s for Linux, I've been on shared servers all 3 vps packages but imo enlight wins hands down.