PDA

View Full Version : What is Ping ???

gaurav467
01-19-2012, 07:00 AM
Explain benefit of Pinging my blog??????

fitzrobbi
01-19-2012, 07:32 AM
Ping is a computer network administration utility used to test the reachability of a host on an Internet Protocol (IP) network and to measure the round-trip time for messages sent from the originating host to a destination computer. The name comes from active sonar terminology.
Sounds like it is something from out of space. There are many meanings to what ping is. This website will be about computer networking ping. If this is not what your looking for then here is a friendly link to all the other definitions of ping.

andrewsymonds
01-19-2012, 09:51 AM
Ping is a computer network administration utility used to test the reachability of a host on an Internet Protocol (IP) network and to measure the round-trip time for messages sent from the originating host to a destination computer. The name comes from active sonar terminology.
Sounds like it is something from out of space. There are many meanings to what ping is. This website will be about computer networking ping. If this is not what your looking for then here is a friendly link to all the other definitions of ping. Thanks for the explanation.

JerrickYeoh
01-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Ping is a basic Internet program that allows a user to verify that a particular IP address exists and can accept requests.

Ping is used diagnostically to ensure that a host computer the user is trying to reach is actually operating. Ping works by sending an Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) Echo Request to a specified interface on the network and waiting for a reply. Ping can be used for troubleshooting to test connectivity and determine response time.

anbinal
03-22-2013, 05:52 AM
Explain benefit of Pinging my blog??????

Ping calculates the round-trip time of the data packet's route from its source to the destination and back, and determines whether any packets were lost during the trip.You can ping your blog website using command prompt like
Start->cmd->ping ip address or website name.
or else you can find your website ping using online site like Whoisxy.com (http://www.whoisxy.com/ping.aspx) I hope it will be helpful for you.

seoworldclass
03-22-2013, 01:05 PM
Hello Friends,

Pinging is the process of letting the search engines know about the location of your newly created content. Typically, these are included automatically if you use blogging platforms like Wordpress and Blogger. But, for those not using those platforms, once you create your content, visit Pingler.com and fill in the questions asked - this way your new content is presented to the search engines as a new piece of the web to crawl.

Thanks and Regards
seoworldclass.com

graphics art
03-23-2013, 02:57 AM
Hello Friends,

Pinging is the process of letting the search engines know about the location of your newly created content. Typically, these are included automatically if you use blogging platforms like Wordpress and Blogger. But, for those not using those platforms, once you create your content, visit Pingler.com and fill in the questions asked - this way your new content is presented to the search engines as a new piece of the web to crawl.

Thanks and Regards
seoworldclass.com

Thanks for explaining and increase my information, :)

graphics art
03-23-2013, 03:00 AM
Thanks for explaining and increase my information, :)

ackerlee
03-24-2013, 11:27 PM
Hello Friends,

Thanks and Regards
seoworldclass.com

Really nice explaining about the ping. I have a question on my mind about the ping.
How ping is useful for getting more traffics..?

greg
03-25-2013, 01:07 AM
Ping is an Option to see that are you connected to the other Person on Network or Site on the Internet and how much ms it takes to receive and send signals.

jamsen
03-29-2013, 07:08 AM
A ping test determines the latency (communication delay) between your computer and another computer on a network.

blessy_smith
06-05-2013, 01:24 AM
Pinging your site means that your are letting various search engines and directories know that your website exists and has been updated. The benefit of pinging is that your are inviting search engines to crawl your site for new content. It helps in getting higher page rank and drive visitors and also promote your business.