PDA

View Full Version : What should be done to maintain site’s ranking?

helpout
01-27-2012, 11:42 PM
In these days of unpredictability in the search engine world,
I really wonder how or what can companies do to maintain their top rankings.
What should be done to maintain site’s ranking?
Hope to get some useful answers.

jakir543
01-27-2012, 11:55 PM
I do not know it. You should ask into ask.com

TrinFletcher
01-28-2012, 04:26 AM
SEO is a long term strategy, never stop building back-links even if you are topping the SERP's. Always remember your competitors are busy trying to outrank you.

Amy.Sarin
01-29-2012, 11:26 AM
Just be consistent with whatever you are doing (Adding fesh & unique content, building HQ links). Remember, SEO is not a set-it-forget-it game. But even with continued organic efforts, you cannot be sure about your site’s ranking. Minor fluctuations are pretty normal.

juliashing
02-02-2012, 02:19 AM
Just be consistent with whatever you are doing (Adding fesh & unique content, building HQ links). Remember, SEO is not a set-it-forget-it game. But even with continued organic efforts, you cannot be sure about your site’s ranking. Minor fluctuations are pretty normal.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Consistency is the only thing that can make sure that success becomes a habit and not a one time job

myidealhost
02-02-2012, 02:32 AM
Your online business development to a great extent depends on two things: rankings and traffic. Your site ranking and traffic are interconnected: the higher the rankings, the more traffic you get. However, getting higher rankings and traffic is not that easy.

An excellent way to achieve this, is to build one-way links from existing authoritative sites.

Below you will find a list of some good places/sources for Authoritative One-Way link building:
1. Press Releases
2. Wikipedia like sites
3. Links from .edu and .gov sites
4. How-To Sites
5. Social Sites
6. Memberships and Testimonials
7. Embedded Videos/Slideshows/Software
8. Site And Blog Commenting

Detailed info at Tutorials (http://myidealhost.com/tutorials/8_best_places_to_get_backlinks_from)

contact@myIdealHost.com
MyIdealHost.com - unlimited linux hosting from $4.85/mo (http://myIdealHost.com)

john515
02-02-2012, 02:52 AM
SEO is a on going process. For maintaining the ranking of your website you should keep continuing the link building work. Write the unique and fresh content.

catheylee
02-02-2012, 04:44 AM
Google likes fresh content and good quality links so if your site has gotten a good ranking then you need to hold onto all those things you did to get that ranking.
I'll say it again, good links and fresh original content.