PDA

View Full Version : Is Google and Yahoo SEO Techniques Same?

helpout
01-29-2012, 06:56 AM
HI,

I was curious to know that Is google and Yahoo Seo Techniques are the same?

I have heard somewhere that Yahoo like no follow attribute where as google discard them.

Your valuable advice will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Amy.Sarin
01-30-2012, 05:41 AM
No, no two search engines use the same algos.
I read somewhere (and have experienced myself) that things like paid inclusion programs and cheesy reciprocal links work with Yahoo! They do have tall claims but that’s just on paper (/ me thinks)...

About Google discarding nofollow, I’d like to clear some curiosity. Almost all search engines crawl nofollow links but exclude them from their ranking calculation.

Delois
01-30-2012, 06:45 AM
I think nofollow attributes have been accepted by all major search engines. It would provide a way to control link juice to other websites at certain portions of your website where you can provide some facilities to add content on your website to visitors. That can be blog comment, feedback or review form. So it is helpful for website owners to prevent spamming.

andrewsymonds
01-30-2012, 08:52 AM
I think No follow attributes have been accepted by all major search engine. It would provide a way to control link juice to other websites at certain portion of your website where you can provide some facilities to add content on your website to visitors. That can be blog comment, feedback or review form. So it is helpful for website owners to prevent spammig
Agree with you that no follow attributes have been accepted by all search engine.

adamscott
01-30-2012, 09:53 AM
Google is a search engine ranking web site as a major way to make heavy use of link popularity.This can be in general search, such as "car" and "travel" to find a good site, especially in the helpful, because the entire network of users, in essence, there is a good site to link to their vote.
On the other side Yahoo is web's most popular search service and it gives information to help people easily find well-deserved reputation. Yahoo's secret of success is human.It is the largest human compiled guide pages, employing about 150 pages classified editing work. Yahoo has over 1 million sites listed.

juliashing
02-02-2012, 02:12 AM
No the techniques used by Yahoo and Google are entirely different. Separate effort is needed if you want to rank well in Google and Yahoo at the same time.
Both the search engines look at different things to rank sites and that is why for the same keywords it is entirely a coincidence if you rank well for the same keywords in Google and Yahoo.

catheylee
02-02-2012, 04:32 AM
Google and Yahoo are different in terms of their techniques and the ranking algorithm they follow when they rate any site or display it in the search results.
Google being the better search engine looks at things a bit more differently than Yahoo, and while it is difficult to rank in Google as there are many factors involved ranking in Yahoo is even more difficult.

Venus Brown
02-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Google considers links, content, social media presence and many more factors while ranking the website.
Yahoo also involves similar elements but according to my observation it gives more privilege to the number of Backlinks.Whenever I work on any keyword, its rank is improved in yahoo first and then on Google.

rupeshgupta
02-22-2012, 04:42 AM
No two search engine same algo.

naeemzia
02-22-2012, 06:00 AM
Don't you worry these are same for almost every search engine. I Will suggest you to just work for Google and your ranking will be equally good in all the search engine's including the Google. so just focus on Google .

Jenny10
02-22-2012, 06:26 AM
Both Google and Yahoo have different factors on ranking of websites.. Both search engine has its own algorithm.

jesicawillss
02-22-2012, 06:44 AM
Thanks amy for this nice observation. I also think that you are right.