PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service with Web Hosting Companies

VertuHost
08-22-2006, 01:17 AM
I've tried just about every major hosting company in the past for my personal and business websites, and have found very few with decent service. They all seemed to keep your satisfaction at an acceptable level until your trial period was over, and then you noticed a quick decline. After reaching a state of utter frustration, I created my own company, with the intention of providing excellent service that is still cost-effective for me and my clients. I found it, and it wasn't that difficult. My point is, what is the reason for this? So, why do so many companies lack in that area? Anybody can gain clients... The major effort of any company, which I know from experience in business, should be keeping them... If ends must be cut for costs, there are other ends which are much less important than ensuring high satisfaction levels.

Chris

icestorm
08-22-2006, 07:45 PM
Providing effective customer support is the most difficult aspect of any hosting company especially if they are serving thousands of customers. This is probably why most of the 'bigger' companies have such lousy support. If you have only a few dozen customers, then support is much easier.

--Adran

WebzPro
08-23-2006, 12:18 AM
We built our company on service first. No matter what we always believed that service was the most important part of building a successful hosting company. We have been in business for three years no and we still have maintained 75% of our original clients in the first year. There main reason for staying, our customer service and uptime. Service first.

peter phillips
08-31-2006, 09:52 AM
As mentioned, providing good and decent support becomes difficult with the increase in the customer base. Good support goes a long way in retaining a customer. Customer retention is more crucial than getting new clients as a satisfied customer will recommend your service to others too.

theheavenly
09-08-2006, 04:03 AM
Its true that having clients is ease than keeping them. For me, I am having the good support from my hosting company (http://ourinternet.us). Still I dont find any issues from the support services from the hosting company that I am dealing with. Concluding that every hosting company should be firm with services they provide for their clients so as to make their clients stick with the them.

HosTechS
09-08-2006, 03:25 PM
Well i think it all depends on the support you have hired for your clients.If the people providing support to your clients are well mannered, qualified, experienced then the statistic of your sale would show increase in sales and satifaction both.

veggie
09-14-2006, 12:17 PM
Doesn't matter if you are a big company or small, customer service should be the first priority :) Just don't promise things that you can't deliver :)

ASP-Hosting.ca
09-18-2006, 01:51 PM
Big hosting companies care for volume not for customer support :)

loon
09-18-2006, 10:57 PM
according to marketing it is always 5 times harder to get a new customer than maintaining existing customers. I think they just don understand

ServerMan
10-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Current customers, to me, are more important. But the marketing research is right. It is harder to find new business than to maintain old business. As long as you keep providing the same services, or imporve on it, I do not see the dificulties. Of course the larger you get the harder it is to manage, but in turn, the more resources you should have abailable to put back into support and customer service.

beglobal
10-11-2006, 04:37 PM
Providing effective customer support is the most difficult aspect of any hosting company especially if they are serving thousands of customers. This is probably why most of the 'bigger' companies have such lousy support. If you have only a few dozen customers, then support is much easier.

--Adran

Are you sure about that???

50gbit.com
10-14-2006, 02:58 PM
Big hosting companies care for volume not for customer support
lol

AllureHost
10-15-2006, 04:58 PM
Being a small company myself, I wouldn't say that the demand from my customers is any less difficult than a larger company. They have the resources and funding to hire many more individuals than I do to keep their customers happy. However, the reason why some customers can be satisfied and others can not is the simple logic that all customers are different. Some might be okay waiting a couple of hours for a response and others might need answers within the next 5 minutes. It also depends on the situation.

But remember, there is no excuse for customer neglect no matter how you put it.

jasontd
11-14-2006, 07:12 AM
Thanks for your words theheavenly.

The problem is why because hosting comapnies look for temporary money rather than withstanding for longevity. They start with providing initial service and get the money and just forget off their clients. So this would be the major strategy for not having the customer support for the long-time from the service providers.