PDA

View Full Version : Page Title Importance

maddy58
02-07-2012, 11:11 PM
It is on the page titles that my questions are really focused into and this is where I think all of you people in here can be of great help to me. I will really admit that I am a beginner when it comes to these things and it will be apparent that I will really don’t have any source of information about these. What can I do to make my page titles more effective?What will happen if I don’t pay enough attention to the page title of my web based site? Are there any bad consequences that will affect SEO and traffic through my online site? Please let me know the answers to these things.

OsCommerce Development (http://www.seoranksmart.com/web-development/oscommerce-development.htm)

motorola4gatrix
02-08-2012, 12:16 AM
Check out title of your competitors. It will give you an idea about writing a title.

Title is most important thing in Seo, first thing google crawler notice in your website is title.

Title helps Google crawler in determining what your site is all about.

So, never ignore it.

Amy.Sarin
02-09-2012, 03:33 AM
Not paying attention to your page titles can reduce your CTR.

Since ‘First impression is the last impression’.

Would a drab title actually bring visitors? It would put off the user in the first place and then he might not want to scroll through your content either!(no matter how good the content is).

Here’s what you can do to make page titles more effective,
http://www.seomoz.org/learn-seo/title-tag

riya189
02-09-2012, 05:13 AM
Start by thinking hard about how your potential visitors will search for your site. What keywords or keyword phrases will they use for a search engine query? Use one or two of the most important keyword phrases for your title. Always use your primary keyword in the title tag at least one or more times. Always use different tag line for different pages. Don't use a single tagline in every page. Try to be different and put a unique tagline in every page. Don't include your company name in the title unless it is a commonly recognized name or the page is about your company.

Hope its help. :)

Eveleen
02-10-2012, 04:24 AM
Well Title is one of the most effective ways to describe Users and Search engines that what is page about. Titles have always been and remain the most important signal that search engines use to understand what a page is about. Bad titles send negative messages to Search engines.

anandtechendeav
02-10-2012, 04:59 AM
Page title is very important as it will tell Google or other search engines what the page is about and there is a limit to length. Page title is nothing but the combination of keywords.

CrownMax
02-10-2012, 05:22 AM
Title is an important for getting rank in the search engine .

Openxcell Inc
02-11-2012, 08:27 AM
Title is an important for getting rank in the search engine .
Absolutely agree with you. However it has many helpful to search over the internet with long keyword phase. Through these you will get more visitor to your website through search engine website.

andrewjohans
02-11-2012, 08:57 AM
Title is the most important part in Search Engine you should use it more wisely try to make title according to your keywords.

milton59845
02-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Title is very important and most effective part of on-page optimization. Page title indicate about your contents. so It is very much important.

john12345
02-12-2012, 11:24 PM
From a search engine's point of view, page title is the first indication of the contents of the page. While many factors on and off the page affect how a search engine interprets the page, the page title is the leading indicator. Additionally, page title is the key information returned when search engines list results to a keyword search.

Jashandeep
02-13-2012, 01:43 AM
Page title play an important role in the search from the audience.You can attract the audience on your site with the help of page title.

B2Bexpert
02-13-2012, 02:04 AM
Page title is a very most important part in Search Engine

addyj672
02-13-2012, 03:42 AM
A site’s title tag is by far the most important website optimization element. A title tag should be short but descriptive enough for your visitors to identify you and your business. Title tag is the first thing that is shown & indexed by the search engines. So naturally it is given a very high importance – out of thousands results that a searcher sees, your site’s title has to be appealing enough for him to want to find out more information. On the other hand, your title has to be appealing enough to the search engine in order to rank you above thousands of other similar websites like yours.

schumannrober
02-13-2012, 05:34 AM
Do some research before make a title for your website? It would good for your website.

avinashgupta
02-14-2012, 12:07 AM
Title is most important part of on-page optimization. Title indicate your contents. so It would good for any website.

jesicawillss
02-14-2012, 07:12 AM
Thanks Amy. Nice link Amy has stated to know about page title more and good.

rahul123
02-14-2012, 07:45 AM
page title is very important because the users read first your title then visit your article, blogs,etc..

syedmuddassar
02-14-2012, 08:34 AM
Yes good post,, I agree with Amy.Sarin..

avinashgupta
02-14-2012, 11:16 PM
Title is important think for ranking in search engine.