PDA

View Full Version : How important is Domain Age to SEO?

maddy58
02-08-2012, 11:19 PM
It's still an unknown for me.

I had a domain name 9 year old and worth nothing.

Guys?

Wordpress Development (http://www.seoranksmart.com/web-development/wordpress-development.htm)

roshanivahora
02-09-2012, 01:00 AM
If you target your website in Yahoo or Bing. Domain age is important for your website. Because yahoo and Bing give first preference of old domain.

evantanski
02-09-2012, 06:15 AM
The age of a domain is very important because of the backlinks and traffic accumulated by a site that may increase the chance of getting on top of SERPs.

vanilla23
02-09-2012, 06:51 AM
It is one of the ranking factor nothing else.

mobileapplover
02-09-2012, 07:01 AM
Domain age is very important regarding old domain may carry additional weight due to their past records (old quality back links is very important in seo point of view.)

rahul123
02-09-2012, 07:17 AM
I think life time ...

jonathan cole
02-09-2012, 07:34 AM
Domain age is an important factor of authority of your domain. It is very important.

Eveleen
02-10-2012, 04:20 AM
Since search engines are constantly visiting your web site, they can get a sense of what’s “normal” or how you’ve behaved over time. Are you suddenly linking out to what the search engines euphemistically call “bad neighborhoods?” Are you publishing content about a topic you haven’t typically covered? So Search can penalize you’re sites. So it’s important to know your site age.

anbinal
01-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Nice sharing.
According to me,Domain age is important role in improving page rank.Search engines view older domains as more trustworthy, which means older domains may have a slight advantage. But this is only true if the older domain has a good reputation (e.g., it hasn’t been blacklisted, penalized or banned from the search engines).you can find domain age by using domain whois lookup tool.I found this site Whoisxy.com (http://www.whoisxy.com/) through Google search.Here i got accurate results.

seoworldclass
01-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Hi Friends,

Domain age is important to start any website. Consider that you are creating any new website. The domain name is new so no one heard of that and not indexed so if you would search you wouldn't find anything. After some days your site visible, but the progression is going very slowly because of your site not crawling by the search engine. If your domain is old, then search engine indexed your site quickly. It is an important element for ranking in search engine optimization.

Thanks and Regards
seoworldclass.com

Pet09
01-12-2013, 12:29 AM
Domain Age is merely one of the 200 ranking factor.

jamsen
02-20-2013, 05:16 PM
The age of the website is built up of how long the content has been actually on the web, how long the site has been in promotion, and even the last time content was updated. The length of time a domain has been registered is measured by not only the actual date the domain was registered, but also how long it is registered for. Some domains only register for a year at a time, while others are registered for two, five, or even ten years.

gsstore
02-21-2013, 03:49 AM
Yes Guys Domain Age is very important in SEO.:)

Thanks

Raman11
02-22-2013, 01:17 AM
Alone Domain age do nothing..You have to also do the off page SEO task as well as on page SEO task.Then it will effect your ranking..

brainpulse
02-23-2013, 04:14 AM
Yes it's true Domain age matters lot for SEO points of view it's practically seen old domain rank fast compare to new booked, Google keep on priority.