PDA

View Full Version : Guidance on SEO

johnbent15
02-22-2012, 12:47 AM
I actually have come up with a new web based directory site and it will be apparent that there are some things about the sites that you have that I could make use of at the present times. I am actually fresh when it comes to matters that are connected to this matter and I am even afraid to take risks on how to manage this good thing. I will need to ask for help from you in form of guidance as to how I will be running this web based site at the present times. Please post your comments just below this thread.

timmoores
02-22-2012, 12:57 AM
Portal
Designation for websites that are either authoritative hubs for a given subject or popular content driven sites (like Yahoo) that people use as their homepage. Most portals offer significant content and offer advertising opportunities for relevant sites.

PPC
Abbreviation for Pay Per Click. An advertising model where advertisers pay only for the traffic generated by their ads.

PR
Abbreviation for PageRank - Google's trademark for their proprietary measure of link popularity for web pages. Google offers a PR viewer on their Toolbar.

Robots.txt
Robots.txt is a file which well behaved spiders read to determine which parts of a website they may visit.

SEM
Abbreviation for Search Engine Marketing. SEM encompasses SEO and search engine paid advertising options (banners, PPC, etc.)

SEO
Abbreviation for Search Engine Optimization. SEO covers the process of
making web pages spider friendly (so search engines can read them)
making web pages relevant to desired keyphrases

SERP
Abbreviation for Search Engine Results Page/Positioning. This refers to the organic (excluding paid listings) search results for a given query.

Spam
In the SEO vernacular, this refers to manipulation techniques that violate search engines Terms of Service and are designed to achieve higher rankings for a web page. Obviously, spam could be grounds for banning.

Jashandeep
02-22-2012, 04:51 AM
I am totally focusing on the blog commenting and forum postings.

naeemzia
02-22-2012, 05:53 AM
1st of All you should make your website SEO Friendly it means that you have to do the on page seo initially.and then you can come towards the off page seo (Link Building) you can use the following method for quality back links.

1- Directory submission
2- Article writing and spinning
3- social bookmarking
4- Forums posting
5- Blog Commenting

naeemzia
02-22-2012, 05:54 AM
1st of All you should make your website SEO Friendly it means that you have to do the on page seo initially.and then you can come towards the off page seo (Link Building) you can use the following method for quality back links.

1- Directory submission
2- Article writing and spinning
3- social bookmarking
4- Forums posting
5- Blog Commenting

jesicawillss
02-22-2012, 07:14 AM
Anyone here expert can guide me that how to do SEO for E-commerce or portal website?