PDA

View Full Version : Disadvantages of directory submissions

codyjon
02-29-2012, 09:41 PM
Hi members,
I am very new to seo and want to know that is their any disadvantages of directory submissions?
Please let me know about it.

anna88
02-29-2012, 10:40 PM
There really is no disadvantage if you are careful.

jamsen
09-24-2012, 11:32 AM
Directory Submissions brings good no of backlinks to your website. But only the disadvantage is that it takes too long for getting the directory submission approved.

fivebucksdeals
09-27-2012, 02:17 AM
In my opinion Directory Submissions still work, although there are a few different types. There are business directory listings, then there are regular website directory listings, they both give you backlinks to your website from usually category related websites, that usually already have higher PR ratings, that will pass on to your site, and give you general backlinks. Disadvantage is if you get too many in too short a time, depending on the age of your website, you could get sandboxed.

links123
05-18-2013, 08:38 AM
Directory submissions provide a very good back-link but the disadvantage is that it takes too long for directory submissions to get approved.

blessy_smith
05-21-2013, 01:10 AM
There are several advantages of the Directory Submissions but one common disadvantage is that Directory submissions is a time consuming task. It is the Long term SEO strategy.

akashram
05-21-2013, 01:23 AM
Directory submission helps to get quality backlinks. It takes some time to get the approved links.

uskhan
05-21-2013, 03:25 AM
Directories is not suitable for SEO cause all directories have similar way of posting & also these types of sites not search by common users. Its also consider in exceed link building so harmful for sites.

brandappz
05-21-2013, 04:01 AM
Directory submission is really a good practice and gives you long term backlinks. Directories submission is done to get relevant, permanent and one-way link. These links are very important and helps you in search engines rankings if submitted in relevant categories.

sabrinasai
05-21-2013, 05:16 AM
Time consuming and repetitive job
Low quality backlinks
Low approval rates
You cannot promote inner pages

SANTOSH123
05-21-2013, 08:23 AM
I think there is no any disadvantage of directory submision.

Mark Steve
05-23-2013, 09:34 AM
Well, the only disadvantage of directory submission is late approval otherwise I think directory submission is pretty good way to make backlinks.

peacestar
07-18-2013, 06:01 AM
Of the comparatively few disadvantages associated with directory submissions, one well-known disadvantage is that directory submissions are lingering together with tiresome. Hence, do some additional work to optimize your internet pages or content according to help SEO editorial and WEBSITE POSITIONING copy writing guidelines and then select the proper internet directories for submission.

Rehal1
07-18-2013, 06:23 AM
Hi,

Directory submission helps to get back links and increase ranking status on google. I don't think so about disadvantages of directory submission. some directories get instant result.

binarynpixel
07-18-2013, 06:38 AM
Directory submission a good technique but its take a long time to approved and not sure that will be approved or not.

JakbizSEO
07-19-2013, 08:08 AM
As per my views, I would like to prefer high page rank of the directory site to submit my website into it. It would be really helpful to get known about the website visitor.

Theadora
07-19-2013, 01:55 PM
Directory submission is still useful.

If you are doing too many directory submission then it would be harmful as well.

Try to submit fresh description to top directories!

Jessicacis
07-22-2013, 03:14 AM
Directory Submission are good for the business as it is white hat and gives back links which index early as compared to other. the one drawback is that they do not exist more than one yr after submission and also it takes long time to approve after submission.

mikeee741
07-22-2013, 04:07 AM
Many directories are spammy ones provided by many providers with huge list, you should be aware of them, instead there are a lot good sites which will bring you targetted traffic.

logstrupmorten
07-26-2013, 05:38 AM
Yes, the whole matter called as directory submission could be totally useful for us but in the end, we have to accept that it will eat up a lot of our time.

brucecastro
07-30-2013, 03:33 AM
For business and brand listing, you should try directory submission. However, you should be careful as it has disadvantages. Most directories dont really matter. Yes, search engine index them but they are almost left unnoticed. Also, permanent listings in popular directories take time to appear. Furthermore, some of these directories aren't free. On the bright side, if you do this effort, it may be worth it as directory submissions is a must-have for PageRank. With this you can guarantee that Google will give value to your sites.

rajjnisspra
07-30-2013, 04:57 AM
There are no disadvantages of directory submission. directory submission is useful to get related traffic.
day picnic in delhi (http://www.arounddelhi.net/?page_id=203)

cole0547
07-30-2013, 12:08 PM
There are business directory listings, then there are regular website directory listings, they both give you backlinks to your website from usually category related websites, that usually already have higher PR ratings...

CodyDeegan
07-31-2013, 03:26 AM
Directory submission is proven to be a great method for gaining quality back links. The Higher the quality of incoming links, the better your search engine rankings and internet visibility would be.Submitting to directories would be the simplest way to get quality incoming links. Maybe the disadvantage would be you need to wait for your submission to be approved but its worth the wait because it can give you good results.

jainhost
07-31-2013, 06:25 AM
The only disadvantage is that most of the directories do not exist more than 1 year after submission.

Jessica Auston
07-31-2013, 07:54 AM
hey i am using it more than 2 years there is no disadvantage.... about that............

Server Hosting
08-01-2013, 03:58 AM
no disadvantage if you are careful.

MikeQ
08-01-2013, 05:05 AM
Directory submission is easy and old method of link building, if you use low quality directories then you would get disadvantage otherwise it is good as well.

kellyjohnson
08-01-2013, 06:06 AM
There are only advantages of directory submissions.

crescendo
08-01-2013, 06:55 AM
There are more advantages of directory submissions over its disadvantages.

BlueBirds
08-01-2013, 11:32 AM
I don’t think it gives bad effects, because it can create lots of business leads.

Honey
08-02-2013, 03:36 AM
Disadvantages of directory submission-
1. It takes long time to approve a link.
2. It does not give high quality backlinks which last for long.

seosailor_26
09-17-2013, 07:28 AM
Disadvantages of directory Submission is as follows:
1.You cannot promote inner pages
2.Low approval rates
3.Time consuming and repetitive job
4.Low quality backlinks

jackdaniel425
09-18-2013, 01:25 AM
Directory Submissions delivers good no of back-links to your web site. But only the drawback is that it requires too long time for getting your directory submissions accepted.

michaelclarke
09-18-2013, 02:35 AM
I think no any disadvantage of directory submission. only advantage because only get the back link and increase ranking status on google....

John_Matt
09-18-2013, 03:36 AM
We can't say there is any disadvantages because of directory submission once when we do it in high quality sites we don't have to be afraid of it getting spammed.

thomasjon814
10-16-2013, 01:32 AM
It holds true that directory submission can certainly be a useful concept. However, you need to understand that the same consumes a considerable amount of time.

Paul497
10-17-2013, 09:31 AM
After Google penguin update, Directory submission are less effective. The backlinks which directory submission give are mostly low quality and build no-follow.

jaydenmoorie
10-25-2013, 06:10 AM
it takes almost month to approve your submission that is only the big disadvantage but do directory submission only on high PR sites that have low Alexa

williamrichard
10-25-2013, 07:20 AM
Directory submission in high page rank sites helps to improve the backlinks and page rank. But for approval it takes some time that's the only disadvantage.

anupam27
10-26-2013, 07:31 AM
Well Advantage is that once your site is approved than it is a abest way of link building but out of 10 only 2-3 links are verified ...

Stiffen87
10-28-2013, 06:48 AM
Would tell you the only disadvantage of directory submission could be is time consuming for approving. Other this is one of the most effective off-page activity.

Email Hosting Providers India (http://www.joisterhosting.com/emailhosting)

Abdul
10-31-2013, 03:27 AM
How does the SEO Services work exactly?

Once you take on any of there packages they will put this onto one of there SEO consultant staff and they will carefully assess your site and they will start to work out an action plan for you.
You will most likely get a call or email from them the very next day after order.

The main objective is to get you ranked with the least effort on your part and get you fast results

Ship497
11-02-2013, 02:57 AM
Disadvantage is that links from directory submission are not very helpful for improving website's ranking because they are considered of low quality after the Google Penguin update.

Ruby
11-07-2013, 05:29 AM
Directory Submissions brings good no of backlinks to your website. But only the disadvantage is that it takes too long for getting the directory submission approved. I submitted in almost 100 of directories and till now only 6 to 7 sites have accepted the listing. It have been over 3 months and now when I submite again, some directories say, my url is banned. It is really pathetic.

irfannezami
11-07-2013, 07:36 AM
If you are doing directory submission in limitation, then there is no harm. otherwise it will go in over optimization.

Server Hosting
11-07-2013, 10:00 AM
The only disadvantage of Directory submissions that's it take a long time to approve a submission

Ruby
11-11-2013, 05:25 AM
there is only one disadvantage and that is if you don't get link after investing your time doing the submissions.

teacher
11-11-2013, 08:17 AM
Directory submission is really beneficial for our sites because it give good backlink which help us to rank easily. But we have to submit only good directory sites whose page rank is well, and not on .net and .info.

uthra
11-12-2013, 04:35 AM
The main disadvantages of Directory submission is many directory websites does not approve our listing instantly.It would take time to approve more than month and some times may be deleted.

williamalex96
05-08-2014, 01:19 AM
One of the disadvantages that remain associated along with directory submission is a time consuming process. Truly, this kind of technique demands huge amount of time.

Rajdeep Bose
06-17-2014, 03:43 AM
Directory submission refers to the process of adding your website to a web directory. The directory submission process involves submitting your website URL along with other details of your website to the most appropriate category. The SEO folks or the people who do Search Engine Optimization treat directory submission as a starting step to off page optimization of a website. In simple words, they increase the visibility of a website.