PDA

View Full Version : will you?

loon
09-18-2006, 11:28 PM
will you choose a dedicated server from web hosting company that provides shared hosting as well. Give reason.

ASP-Hosting.ca
10-16-2006, 04:53 PM
I wouldn't. I prefer to deal with companies specializing in something, instead of companies offering everything. I would expect much higher service quality from the company specializing in dedicated server hosting only.

Halflifegsp
11-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Yeah go with somebody who hosts them for a living, rather than a webhosting company.

SaidHost
11-28-2006, 05:07 PM
I agree a company that specializing in NT servers is going to offer better service with NT, but a company that does this and offers linux would be just as good. Hosting linux servers is easy compairied to NT. So for a company like this to add linux wouldn't take any effor at all. And who's to say that they don't have anouther site/company that specializing in linux? We don't say we specializing in NT, but most of our local customers servers are, and we have 3 NT admins and 4 .Net programmers on staff.

Ahmad
12-13-2006, 06:22 AM
Agree with the post above, the fact that a company has several spheres of specialization doesn't put me off, it would rather indicate company's growth.

WiredTree Zac
12-18-2006, 04:40 PM
There is a lot of overlap in the technical skills that are required when providing shared hosting as well as dedicated hosting. While I normally think you would get better support from a specialized host, in this case it probably wouldn't make a difference.

Ahmad
12-19-2006, 05:34 AM
Majority of big companies provide both shared and dedicated, as they don't want to lose any share of the market pie.

Alcatrazz
12-28-2006, 03:39 AM
See nothing bad in providing both package plans.

HQHost.net
01-05-2007, 07:57 AM
See nothing bad in providing both package plans.
I fully agree with you. It is different thinks and they don't disturb each other.