PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Black and White hat SEO

adrianpollard12
03-09-2012, 10:10 PM
To index blogs faster and to appear higher in the rankling, I have created several blogs with identical themes and content and put a link of my blog on each of those blogs. What I want to know is whether having blogs with identical or duplicate content is illegitimate in eye of Google? Will it result in permanent ban of my sites or will it have any other kind of reaction. Can anyone of you out there lay out the different factors that differentiate white hat SEO and Black hat SEO? Please explain in brief. Thanks a lot.

daipham
03-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Black hat" SEO employs more deceptive methods to try to improve rankings. The search engines usually disapprove these methods.

Amy.Sarin
03-10-2012, 12:21 AM
Having duplicate/ spun content across multiple places does hurt your rankings. This is what the whole Panda update was all about (http://www.keywordcountry.com/blog/google-optimization/rules-of-high-rankings-changed-surviving-google-panda-update/) It is not blackhat but sure a bad technique, causing great displeasure to users and Google.

I’d suggest you change the content to the extent that only meaning remains the same. As far as the difference between blackhat and whitehat is concerned,
Black hat technique = Illegitimate techniques of improving your website rankings by fooling the search engines. e.g.
- Cloaking
- Hidden text
- Doorway pages
- Hidden links etc.

White hat techniques = Legitimate way of optimizing a website e.g.
- Keyword optimization
- Content optimization
- Organic link building
- Social media optimization