PDA

View Full Version : robots.txt

ajaykrgc
03-16-2012, 07:47 AM
hi,
what is robots.txt in seo and its application ?

JohnRosatti
03-16-2012, 08:33 AM
Just learn about the crawler and spider first then you come to know about this.

SmithRobert
03-16-2012, 08:36 AM
Robots.txt file has lots of importance as it allows spiders or crawlers to allow or disallow to crawl all pages of a website or a particular webpage.When search engine crawlers (robots) look at a website, the first file they will look at is not your index.html or index.php page. It is your robots.txt file.

gaurav467
03-16-2012, 08:39 AM
the Robot.txt is a file that allow or disallow the crawler for your website ....

AllenSantiago
03-16-2012, 09:25 AM
Robots.txt is one type of file that means giving instructions regarding of your web site to the search engine so that spider or crawler easily or properly indexing your web pages. It also helps to the quickly indexing your web pages through the putting your web site to the Robot.txt file.

Openxcell Inc
03-16-2012, 09:26 AM
Robot.txt is a text file which have all links of your website which have the permission for crawling. It is very important to tell the search engines about your links of website.

Regenesis
03-16-2012, 01:09 PM
I want to know how to upload robot.txt file. I am trying to upload it but I am not able to upload it. would you like to give me any idea about this.

Upload the file into the root directory of your web server using filezilla software.

jasoncamroon
03-17-2012, 06:04 AM
Robot.txt is a one of the text file, its also known as the Robots Exclusion Protocol or robots.txt protocol. the main aim to create robot.txt is pass function as a request that specified robots(spider) ignore specified files or directories when crawling a website.

anandtechendeav
03-17-2012, 06:26 AM
Using this file we can restrict the google robots or spiders or robots don't crawl some particular or important pages in my website.

bryanbell
03-17-2012, 07:49 AM
Robots.txt file is a normal text file which is located in the root directory of the website. It is used to inform search engine crawler to which web pages to be indexed and which to be ignored. Whenever the search engine spiders come on website they will find robots.txt file check if any instruction about indexing.

tah123
03-19-2012, 02:00 AM
Robots.txt is a text (not html) file you put on your site to tell search robots which pages you would like them not to visit. Robots.Robot.txt is a text file which have all links of your website which have the permission for crawling.It also helps to the quickly indexing your web pages through the putting your web site to the Robot.txt file.