PDA

View Full Version : what is URL rewriting???

rosesmark
03-20-2012, 06:02 AM
Please provide me details about URL rewriting

timmoores
03-20-2012, 06:42 AM
URL Rewriting is a server-side technique for mapping URL requests to request handlers.

Typically there is a direct mapping between request URL and the handler for that request. All requests that end in .php will be handled by a PHP script with the given name. Similarly, request paths that end in .html will typically be handled by a static file handler. The mapping between URL and handler is typically static, and depends solely on the "extension" of the URL Request.

URL Rewriting allows administrators to more flexibly map between the incoming requests and the actual resource that handles the request on the server. For example, using URL Rewriting, requests that have a .html extension could be served by ASP.NET, or requests that have no extension could be served by a PHP script.

andrewsymonds
03-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Make the URL search engine friendly know as URL rewriting its helps to improve your visibility in search Engine.

pavankumar
04-18-2012, 08:38 AM
hi...

URL rewriting can be one of the best and quickest ways to improve the usability and search friendliness of your site.URL Rewriting allows administrators to more flexibly map between the incoming requests and the actual resource that handles the request on the server.i hope you are agree with my answer.

virtueinfo11
04-20-2012, 09:45 AM
informative discussion on URL rewriting...

URL Rewriting is a server-side technique for mapping URL requests to request handlers.

Typically there is a direct mapping between request URL and the handler for that request. All requests that end in .php will be handled by a PHP script with the given name. Similarly, request paths that end in .html will typically be handled by a static file handler. The mapping between URL and handler is typically static, and depends solely on the "extension" of the URL Request.

URL Rewriting allows administrators to more flexibly map between the incoming requests and the actual resource that handles the request on the server. For example, using URL Rewriting, requests that have a .html extension could be served by ASP.NET, or requests that have no extension could be served by a PHP script.