PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate content inside same website

JackiPhone
03-21-2012, 04:06 AM
I have been studying this for the last weeks and can’t seem to discover a real response regarding what I am trying to achieve. I have a website that I am operating on that is going to focus on approximately 200 different places. The articles of all the webpages are going to be similar apart from the town name which will be different in the headline, body and url, ect, but the concept of it all with be similar. Each web page will focus on its own exacting search term for that town, so there will be no competitors between webpages. Is this build ok to do or is the search engines going to target me for this?

sabrinasai
03-21-2012, 05:04 AM
I think problem will not be arise due to duplicate content inside your website it self, duplicate content is a problem if you copy the content from other websites

outshinesol
03-21-2012, 07:18 AM
Yes it may be problem but you have option to use rel canonical tags that is really search engine friendly and its easy to use :)

jesicawillss
03-21-2012, 08:36 AM
It is important that each page of the website has its own unique content. So, put a unique content though it is inside the website.

pestindia86
03-21-2012, 08:38 AM
hi,
Duplicate content in inside website is not a perfect way a/c to google panda,so each page should have unique content.

Amy.Sarin
03-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Well, this is indeed duplicate content within the website.

As such, Google does not penalize websites for duplicate content. It simply does not rank duplicate content in search results.

Also, this practice won't be liked by search engines...
I would advise you create category page on your home page, routing people to their respective country. Optimize your home page for good ranking so that it appears for query from any of your targeted country.

johnsmith32
03-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Duplicate content generally refers to substantive blocks of content within or across domains that either completely match other content or are appreciably similar.To check the duplicate content on site use the various tools like http://copyscape.com/

Kevin Farrell
03-23-2012, 12:55 AM
hey,
I think search engine will consider duplicate account as spamming and can ban your site temporarily or permanently.

Jashandeep
03-23-2012, 01:41 AM
Yes you will face the problem .You should use unique content in each web page of your website.

poul111
04-03-2012, 04:49 AM
Repeat articles in inside website is not the best way according to the search engines panda,so each web page should have original articles.