PDA

View Full Version : SEO vs SMO

asim.adeel
03-27-2012, 02:35 AM
What is the difference between SEO and SMO.Please explain me as I m beginner user of SEO

terrijhon
03-27-2012, 02:50 AM
SEO means (Search Engine Optimization) and SMO means (Social Media Optimization). There are many activities in SEO which use to promote Page Rank of a website and in SMO we just work on Social Media websites like Facebook,twitter,Google+ and many others..

sabrinasai
03-27-2012, 03:09 AM
SEO is a large field and has many techniques inside to grow but SMO can only few choices for promoting in social media sites

Richard Wilson
03-27-2012, 03:38 AM
SEO is ranking high in Search Engines. SMO is Social Media like twitter and Facebook.

zita
03-27-2012, 04:01 AM
Hi,

SMO and SEO are almost similar. SMO is nothing it is a strategy used to raise awareness of your business or website by promoting it on social media networks. SEO is done to improve ranking of your site in Google. However, SMO is done to improve website traffic and to make your business popuar and known to everyone.

asim.adeel
03-28-2012, 07:28 AM
Thanks all of you for explaining me but I m looking forward for more details

steveschmidt85
03-29-2012, 05:41 AM
SEO & SMO is different like SEO (Search Engine Optimization) & SMO (Social Media Optimization). For rank your site in organic result of search engine you have to use SEO techniques & For SMO you should use Social Networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn for promoting your business and website.

Cheers :)

samdorjey
03-29-2012, 06:01 AM
SEO is the way which make the site visible and search engine friendly.where SMO is used to aware the people about that product and site which is useful for the traffic.

GeraldNitram
03-29-2012, 06:44 AM
Optimization is involved in both. The difference here is what you're actually optimizing. For SEO, you're optimizing a site so that it would become visible on search engines. For SMO, you're optimizing a social media page so that it could appear on search engines.

hotspot
03-29-2012, 10:24 AM
Is it better to do one over the other, what I mean is SEO better to focus on the SMO or vice versa? I know SEO helps your website to rank higher on search engines and SMO is a great way to direct attention and advertising for your site but is one better than the other?

cristinsmith45
03-30-2012, 03:24 AM
Search engine optimization is the technique to gather traffic from search engine like Yahoo, Bing, Google etc, which is mainly base on on page and off page optimization. whereas social media optimization is all about when you use social media like facebook, orkut, google+, my space etc. for increasing traffic on your sites.

robwilley7
03-30-2012, 04:31 AM
SMO and SEO both have their own importance and have their different tasks in SEO. Social Marketing is generally for finding visitors to our website and SEO is for seo.Major variations between both conditions is the marketing element like social press is heavily-reliant on marketing and powerful information, while SEO can be done without this.

krishnasharma
03-30-2012, 06:50 AM
SEO is the best because with the help of seo we can get traffic and llinks both but with the help SEM we can get only trffic.

samstephan9
03-30-2012, 07:14 AM
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and SMO (Social Media Optimization) I think their name can show the deference.

helwinseo3
03-30-2012, 07:59 AM
SEO means Search engine Optimizations is a process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine and SMO means Social media Optimization it is a technique of generating traffic to our site by using Social networking sites

merryscanlan
05-17-2012, 12:58 AM
SMO and SEO both have their own significance and have their different roles in SEO. Social media is basically for retrieving traffic to our site and SEO is for search engine ranking.Major differences between both terms is the networking aspect like social media is heavily-reliant on networking and strong profiles, while SEO can be done without this.

watson123
05-17-2012, 02:18 AM
SEO is the process of gaining traffic from ‘free’, ‘organic’ or ‘natural’ listings on search engines. It includes techniques like link building, directory submission etc.

SMO, on the flip side, is the process of promoting your website on social media platforms. It includes techniques like social networking, social bookmarking submission, blogging etc.

rajjan011
05-17-2012, 02:35 AM
seo is good for page ranking and good keyword ranking.it will give your sites more benefits than other.

ilmkidunya1
05-17-2012, 04:07 AM
SMO (Social Media Optimization, also known as SMO or social SEO) is a different strategy to drive traffic to your website through social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin ...).

Like Wikipedia says, SMO is the strategy of social media activity with the intent of attracting unique visitors to website content.

To get succees with SMO you have to develop social profiles very powerful, with great influence and with interest for your target.

alexisrois
05-17-2012, 06:43 AM
SEO appears for Search Engine Optimization and it helps you to improve your website ranking.
SMO appears for Social Media Optimization and it helps you in the process of making your web site as simple to use as possible.

ashish123
05-17-2012, 08:59 AM
seo - Search Engine optimazition.
SMO - Social Media Optimization.

Brian-Alfaro
05-17-2012, 09:51 AM
SEO is part of SEM .Works to promote ,Enhance visibility over search results.Their are number of technique in Doing the job .SMO is part of SEO.Promoting the Website services over social network sites.