PDA

View Full Version : HPC dedicated server or vps

oscarl
11-13-2006, 08:40 AM
I need more than the regular dedicated servers offered. I'm looking for at least 4 cpu's and more than 4GB RAM but for short term usages. Doesn't matter which OS (Suse linux/Red Hat/Fedora prefered). At most of the websites they don't show details about how much cpu I get. I assume that at least at the VPS providers more than one user use the same cpu.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

WK-Anthony
11-13-2006, 04:50 PM
If you need that much power, no VPS provider will be able to give you that. I've had good experiences with our Woodcrest servers (4x2.0). You might want to look into providers offering those chips.

jasontd
11-14-2006, 02:10 PM
Not sure how much luck you will find looking for a 4 processor machine (maybe a load balance solution) would work). We can offer you A Dell Dual Xeon with 4GB of ram. What size drives do you require and how long guesstimate will you need the box? Also any idea of your bandwidth needs?

Bobby
11-15-2006, 06:49 AM
I can recomend you turn to www.hqhost.net billing. My hpartner have such problems and he got one with them

thenewyorknoc
11-19-2006, 07:32 AM
You can try getting 2 Dual Processor systems or even 2 Dual Core Dual Processor systems and see how they fit within your needs.

Valathar
11-30-2006, 07:45 PM
if your familier with irc i would pop onto efnet and goto #justedge they custom build there servers and im sure someone there can give ya a quote