PDA

View Full Version : Static vs Dynamic Content?

mackhunt88
05-09-2012, 07:43 AM
How do web crawlers treat these two types of content? It would seem that crawlers like static content for collecting keywords, and don't get anything from dynamic content. Is that true?

Ravisharma
05-10-2012, 01:54 AM
Essentially the tern dynamic content means that content that can change on the page without changing the page. This may sound confusing, but the data on the page is from another source such as a database, or XML feed, than the data is added to the page in real time when the page is called for. The page may be cached and things, but it can change when the data underlying it changes. A very basic and simple demonstration of this is a page hit counter. This forum page is dynamic content, because it will change automatically when someone posts here again.
Static content is any content that is a part of the page. It can change but the webmaster or someone has to go in and make an edit on an HTML file then save it back to the server.
To get more fancy dynamic content separates content from layout, static content is part of the layout.

Part two:
are that effect on manipulating search engines
are you perhaps asking:
Is there an effect on search engine rankings? And also is that manipulating rankings?

Yes and no and no.
The effect on search engine ranking is not direct. Rather the content is static or not does not effect the ranking at all. If two pages were identical and one had static content and the other dynamic content it would not effect the ranking of either page. However, if you have a dynamic website you can manage large amounts of data in different configurations that are indeed different pages to the search engines. Depending on how will you know your SEO you can make each page, and should, optimized for the particular subject of the page. I for example have a bookstore online that uses Amazon web services. It has 40,000 pages indexed and counting. As you might imagine, I get search terms with good rankings that I do not even know about until they show up in my logs. I don’t even care what the terms are, all I know is that I use the product name and type in the title description and keywords, and maybe look to get a certain density to the product name and stuff on the page, and it will work well to bring people to the site looking for what I have offered there. With dynamic content it is not hard to put together tens of thousands of pages and hopefully a bunch of those will bring you a few visitors each month. Is this manipulation, nope, indeed it is hopefully what the search engines want and will rank well. Is it hard for a guy with a few static pages of book offerings to compete against, yep. Is it fair, oh yes, because someone can easily out rank any one of my pages with a little attention to detail.
pokersearch
View Public Profile
Find all posts by pokersearch

sabrinasai
05-10-2012, 03:40 AM
Static content is published to regular files on your server and handled using the simplest methods available to the web server. The advantages of static content are:

* it is the fastest and most efficient way to deliver content
* it does not require any code to execute or any databases to be accessed, which makes it the most secure way to deliver content
* it uses simple, clean URLs to address the content
* it takes best advantage of web caching systems, which further boosts performance
* it is compatible with every type of webserver technology.

Dynamic content is generated for you at the time you request the page. The document you view exists only for you at that moment; if viewed by someone else at the same time, or by you at a slightly different time, you could get something different. Dynamic content is good for:

* pages whose content changes too quickly to easily republish it
* pages that display viewer-specific content (eg. user profiles)
* pages that display content conditionally (ie. member-only pages)

sabrinasai
05-10-2012, 03:46 AM
Static content is published to regular files on your server and handled using the simplest methods available to the web server. The advantages of static content are:

* it is the fastest and most efficient way to deliver content
* it does not require any code to execute or any databases to be accessed, which makes it the most secure way to deliver content
* it uses simple, clean URLs to address the content
* it takes best advantage of web caching systems, which further boosts performance
* it is compatible with every type of webserver technology.

Dynamic content is generated for you at the time you request the page. The document you view exists only for you at that moment; if viewed by someone else at the same time, or by you at a slightly different time, you could get something different. Dynamic content is good for:

* pages whose content changes too quickly to easily republish it
* pages that display viewer-specific content (eg. user profiles)
* pages that display content conditionally (ie. member-only pages)

davidweb09
07-29-2019, 02:09 PM
We use static content on HTML websites manually while Dynamic to CMS/framework sites. https://notaryontheway.com/