PDA

View Full Version : Meta Keywords are not important ?

mackhunt88
05-16-2012, 01:23 AM
I have read so many times on different levels, weather i am reading about on-page or discussing with my seniors, they all say that after last major update meta keywords are not important any more search engines now, but well we still put them in our code, so if they are not important than why we still using them.
Please tell me are they important as the same they were in past ? or if they are not important now after the update, then why they are not important now ?

watson123
05-16-2012, 01:32 AM
<meta keywords> has very little value at all. Google has officially said that they don't use them, and haven't been for at least 5 years. Some people reckon that Google might pay a little bit of attention to them in terms of deciding which words in the page are most important (although the context of your headings, titles, site navigation and inbound links should make this perfectly clear, and if you're relying on the keywords tag then you've got bigger problems to worry about!), but what does seem to be certain is that if a word is not featured on the page then including it in keywords won't make any difference, including more than about 10 keywords won't make any difference and including key phrases rather than words is even less effective.

Billwhite
05-16-2012, 02:40 AM
One question in mind when we placed keyword on some sites like article sites, blogs, press release and social sites the why can't we use it in home site.

Robbin051
05-16-2012, 04:07 AM
Meta keywords are important because in this way we targeted all keyword for crawling so this is mostly required.

foreignpharmacy
05-16-2012, 04:25 AM
meta tag is so important of your site

genericpillshop
05-16-2012, 05:04 AM
meta tag is important to our site

seocrat
05-16-2012, 05:31 AM
Hello,

I think its important because it defines sites and boost the keyword ranking.

Thanks,

denniemark
05-16-2012, 06:23 AM
I never use meta keywords in page Meta,s section. But you are right, I have seen, Some SEO professional still use meta keywords in website.