PDA

View Full Version : What is Latent Semantic Indexing ?

Harry Mark
05-23-2012, 08:29 AM
Hello friends
Please give me the answer.

backlink
05-23-2012, 09:47 AM
Many thanks for this information and increasing my knowledge.
Nice to be here.

Amy.Sarin
05-23-2012, 10:04 AM
LSI or Latent Semantic Indexing is used in Internet marketing which enables search engines to look not only for keywords but also for words which are close in meaning to keywords and phrases.

Search engines make use of LSI and LSA to ensure that the search results produced are as closely related to the searched term as possible. It ensures that content is related and every word is somehow relevant to the topic.

mesasa
05-23-2012, 12:47 PM
(LSI) is an indexing and retrieval method that uses a mathematical technique called Singular Value Decomposition (SVD) to identify patterns in the relationships between the terms and concepts contained in an unstructured collection of text.

alfie
05-23-2012, 01:10 PM
LSI or Latent Semantic Indexing is used in Internet marketing which facilitates search engines to look not only for keywords but also for words which are close in connotation to keywords and phrases.

sabrinasai
05-24-2012, 12:08 AM
Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) is an indexing and retrieval method that uses a mathematical technique called Singular value decomposition (SVD) to identify patterns in the relationships between the terms and concepts contained in an unstructured collection of text. LSI is based on the principle that words that are used in the same contexts tend to have similar meanings. A key feature of LSI is its ability to extract the conceptual content of a body of text by establishing associations between those terms that occur in similar contexts.

safrine
05-24-2012, 02:55 AM
I am new to know this and thanks for sharing it.