PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo SEO Tips

seoandu
06-23-2012, 05:14 AM
hi,

Can anyone shed some light on what SEO best practices for Yahoo.

What are the proposed Keyword density ranges, they have more inbound links than anything else, the use of H1, H2, H3 ... labels etc.

Is there anything else you need when optimizing your site looking for their particular SE?

Thanks for any input!

easycommerce
06-23-2012, 05:40 AM
Basically Yahoo optimization is need for search engines traffic but at present in India Yahoo search is very low, if you are in USA regions you can do better yahoo optimization is my suggestions :)

easycommerce
06-23-2012, 05:41 AM
Basically Yahoo optimization is need for search engines traffic but at present in India Yahoo search is very low, if you are in USA regions you can do better yahoo optimization is my suggestions :)

sabrinasai
06-25-2012, 01:05 AM
I know your question is specifically about Yahoo but you have to figure Google into any equation when you are talking about SEO. It doesn't really matter what engine you use or like best, Google is king of the mountain on this one and if you ignore it, your site will never see the light of day as far as ranking goes.
Having said that, the control of search engine optimization is ultimately Google, simply because their technology far surpasses Bing and Yahoo. (sorry yahoo and Bing but it's true)
Optimizing so the search engines will spider you site involves a number of tasks. First, you need to know what the engines like and do not like. One thing they like is blogs and they especially love WordPress blogs. That doesn't mean that the site has to be hosted on WordPress but a theme obtained from WordPress is very search engine friendly. There are also WP plug ins that increase the visibility of the site. WordPress ia basically a format of a content management system that search engines like.
There are also some basic rules to follow. Unique, original content is needed and it needs to be updated frequently or it will start lowering rankings. This means you cannot post articles from other sites or have a spinner scramble and rewrite articles and post them as your own. Google is v ery sophisticated at ferreting sites that do this out and they shut them down very quickly. And speaking of articles, writing and posting articles in online article ezines and directories is also critical for SEO, regardless of the kind of site you have.
Another thing to do is to make sure that the site is very user friendly and ways to do this is to run a usability test. There are many online tools to do this and sites that do this on a limited basis for free and a more extensive basis for a fee. Another thing to make sure of is that the site is easily navigable, with clear menus, links, etc. A word about ease of navigation: Google does not like flask links in the menu or flash navigation bars. Putting flash in other areas of the page is fine but the spiders don't recognize sites with flash nav bars and links as even being a web site so it is likely they won't even crawl it, so your site would not be listed by any of the search engines.
Another thing to pay attention to is back-links. There should be back-links to your site and the more, the better, but they must be from legitimate sources of traffic. One way to accomplish this is to comment on other blogs or sites in the same area of interest as the site you are optimizing , and leave a relevant comment to the post or site, and include a link to your site in your signature. You must not spam a site in order to get back-links as you will get shut down before you can blink.
Opening a page for the site in a number of social media sites such as Facebook, Stumble Upon Myspace, etc is also advisable. This is another way to get back-links.
There are many ways to optimize a site, but these are a few of the basic essentials.
Hope this helps.

mohamedrafeekj
06-25-2012, 01:24 AM
Different search engines has different algorithm for ranking a site. Google has its own algorithm in ranking a site and same as yahoo has different algorithm. Also yahoo can crawl a maximum of 120 characters in title tag and can have 230 characters in meta description part.

You have to learn yahoo algorithm for ranking a site. Just have a simple surf to know more about yahoo algorithms.

watson123
06-25-2012, 01:44 AM
1) Register your domains for 2-5 years, not 1 year

I’ve read this absolutely everywhere from every SEO expert I find, including me! I don’t know when I first heard about it, but it makes complete sense and if you want to know why buy my upcoming e-book on SEO for blogs. Early last year for some of the domains I have really committed projects behind, I renewed for multiple years – 5 years or more. This is also a good thing so you don’t lose a domain because you never received the renewal email.

2) Avoid buying domains with multiple dashes

I’m not entirely sure how many multiple dashes is bad, but obviously something like www.make-money-online-with-at-home-business-opportunities.com reeks of spam.

Generally I try and find domains that have both the dashed and non-dashed version and will buy both. For example I purchased BlogTrafficSchool.com and Blog-Traffic-School.com and there are arguments for promoting either domain as the actual site (that’s another article topic). I feel best knowing I have both so I don’t risk losing any type-in traffic or any possible keyword or SEO advantages. Just be careful you don’t head towards the five or more dashes domain names.

3) Do begin to obtain RELEVANT links from high authority pages and directories as soon as possible for both new and old sites

This is the golden rule and the key to building search engine authority, however it’s also the hardest part of SEO for many people. I think it’s especially important to note the word relevant is highlighted, which means you should look to attract links from sites within your neighbourhood of topics. Theme relevance is very important, as is the quality, age and spread of links you attract.

4) Beware who you link out to and do not participate in link exchanges with non-related content sites

I flat out refuse link exchanges nowadays and recommend the same to people who ask me to swap links. It’s a dated process. Yes perhaps for a brand new site a few link exchanges with theme-related sites will get you going, but I believe it’s a waste of energy. Spend your time forming relationships and writing content instead.