PDA

View Full Version : Importance of PageRank

HEATHROWPARKING
06-23-2012, 07:24 AM
I have a website that has been up for a few days short of a year now but it has a page rank of 0. I dont get a huge traffic but still i manage to get around 1000 visitors a day. I'm also right where I want to be for most of the search results I'm interested. It's not perfect, but I'm in the top 5 for almost all of the major searches I'm concerned with. So to get to my question, does it matter that I don't have a page rank yet? Is there any reason to be concerned about this or to try and manipulate this at all?

Mark10
06-24-2012, 01:43 AM
Page Rank is very impotent for get indexed on top of Google.

locke815
06-25-2012, 12:35 AM
Yes, Page rank is important. It actually gives some sort of like a weightage to your site

sabrinasai
06-25-2012, 12:36 AM
Pagerank is the general algorithm of Google which ranks a site on the basis of its back links. In fact the main element of allocating a Pagerank to any webpage is the number of sites linking to the webpage and their own Pagerank value. This can also be taken as a popularly contest between high interest sites.

mohamedrafeekj
06-25-2012, 01:33 AM
No need to worry about the page rank for your site. Try to post quality content in your site regularly and this will help in indexing your site and also you can get lots of traffic to your site. People may also link back to you if your site content is quality.

If you need to get page rank for your site, you need to get backlink from high page rank site. Just try to implement all the off page optimization techniques for your site and this will help you in getting page rank to your site or blog.

watson123
06-25-2012, 01:56 AM
PageRank is a link analysis algorithm, named after Larry Page and used by the Google Internet search engine, that assigns a numerical weighting to each element of a hyperlinked set of documents, such as the World Wide Web, with the purpose of "measuring" its relative importance within the set. The algorithm may be applied to any collection of entities with reciprocal quotations and references. The numerical weight that it assigns to any given element E is referred to as the PageRank of E and denoted by PR(E).

kyliejamez
06-25-2012, 02:27 AM
Page rank very important for your site if your site pr high your site show the google first page and many create the backlinks.PR update every 3 months.

Harry Mark
06-25-2012, 07:36 AM
PageRank is what Google uses to determine the importance of a web page. It's one of many factors used to determine which pages appear in search results.

henrycw
06-25-2012, 08:04 AM
Another Google PageRank update appears to be underway or approaching completion. What that means for SEO is a matter of debate inside the industry, but along PageRank toolbars, ranking has increased for lower ranked sites while it has decreased for previously higher ranked sites.

This indicates that there is something to PageRank, even if the industry buffs don’t always agree on what. The general consensus, however, is that PageRank is not as important for your site, as it is for other sites linking to your site. That is, you get more credibility if a highly ranked and trusted site links to yours, .

“Google seems to have expanded their differentiation between bogus links and links which are earned,” said Search Engine Journal’s Loren Baker. “Earned links are links from authority blogs and web communities, well branded and trafficked sites, links earned via news or linkbaiting (the art of creating an idea or tool on your site worth linking to) and user reviews, local directory, yellow pages, & local search marketing for brick mortar businesses.”

Ultimately that can mean higher search result rankings for competitive keywords. PageRank, therefore, seems to be only a very small (but somewhat important) part of the overall equation. PageRank is judged primarily on a website’s link age, link volume, and link value.

Most authorities in the Search Engine Optimization industry, including both individuals and companies have denounced the once mythical status of PageRank. At one time, PageRank was so valuable that companies were willing to pay to increase their website’s PageRank (through link buying). As till recently, high PageRank meant high rankings nearly all the time.

Hundreds of posts in the more popular SEO forums and blogs, though, have shown that the PageRank update has had ranging effects. Like all PageRank updates new websites are seeing increases in PageRank. As we see, most new websites are being indexed anywhere between PR1 to PR5. Many sites previously ranked PR3 or PR4 have seen a one point increase.

Like an update that took place approximately 9-12 months ago, many higher-ranked websites are seeing a drop in PageRank by one point on several of the datacenters, particularly those in the PR5-PR8 category. A PR7 appears to have taken the place of the PR8’s and PR9’s of the past as the untouchable score, as even the number of PR7’s have declined overall.

With the recent launch of Google’s Bigdaddy datacenter and the overall public awareness of Google’s constantly moving rankings across a variety of datacenters, it’s no wonder that we are also seeing PageRank fluctuation now too. Most agree that this fluctuation should settle down within the next few days.

“People in the know are no longer chasing after a higher Toolbar PR.,” said SEO Company’s Bob Mutch. “The emphasis has shifted to getting links from relevant sites that are in DMOZ and Yahoo directories, press releases, links in news sites, and the highly prized .gov and .edu links.”

Mutch went on to pose two theories as to why PR has dropped, as in the past four PR exports.

“The main theory is that Google has changed the relationship scale between Real PR and Toolbar PR so that the 0 to 10 toolbar PR scale shows a lower value for the same Real PR value a Webpage has. This theory holds that this is being done to discourage people from acquiring links based strictly on the Toolbar PR value,” he said.

“The other theory is that as there are more pages in the Google index, the relationship scale between Real PR and Toolbar PR changes due to the increase of the pages in the index. With the increase of pages it takes higher Real PR to get the same Toolbar PR.”

SEO professional Andy Hagans downplays the importance of PageRank, placing more emphasis on link building.

“With each new Google update, it is apparent that PageRank counts for less, while other factors (trust, age, authority links) count for more,” said Hagans.

“Really, the importance of the green pixels is now negligible, aside from a very rough indication of a site’s link popularity and assurance that it isn’t banned in Google. But as long as Google continues to show PageRank in the toolbar, it will never ‘die’ in the public consciousness.”

Joe mentioned that at Submitawebsite Inc., they really don’t put a whole lot of emphasis on PageRank for most clients, as different industries have different website popularity requirements needed to attain high search engine rankings. For example, a website looking to sell electrical semi-conductors does not need to be as concerned about having thousands of back-links, or multiple high PR sites pointing to them.

PageRank is a good indicator of a website’s online value as seen by Google, but there are concerns that for a website with regards to assisting them with quality white-hat Natural Search consulting rely more in the area of traditional best practice SEO recommendations, unique content creation, press release and article distribution, and other forms of white-hat link building.

It seems that the industry consensus is that PageRank really has taken a back seat, at least within the white-hat community, and that one should not be too concerned about their new PageRank score. Using PageRank as a measurement of a website’s popularity in the search engines still makes sense, and if a site has PageRank it will likely help your rankings if it links to you, especially if the website has high PageRank. Website owners and webmasters need to stay focused on valuable content and being linked with authority sites. PageRank, really at the end of the day is just the icing on the cake.

At the same time, understanding that PageRank doesn’t have the same value as it once did, it can still be used for strategic link development.

“Instead of chasing PageRank I like to find the low PageRank sites that rank well in the search results,” says SEOBook author Aaron Wall. “What links do they have? Why are they ranking so well? If you get the types of links that those sites have, and if you have a compelling website that other sites actually want to link to the PageRank will naturally fall into place without you developing a wonky link profile trying to artificially boost your PageRank.”

Refrence:http://www.google-success.com/importance-of-google-pagerank.htm

RedCap
06-25-2012, 08:21 AM
Page rank of a website is a numerical value assigned by Google by considering number of factors..Page Rank of website shows its reputation ,popularity,How well it Designed etc... Google gives high Page Rank and high authorized websites to place in their top ranking.

nanan699
06-25-2012, 08:54 AM
Page Rank is an independent measure of Google’s perception of the authority, quality and credibility of individual web page. It does not depend on any particular search phrase.

aditd
07-01-2012, 11:22 AM
I have a website that has been up for a few days short of a year now but it has a page rank of 0. I dont get a huge traffic but still i manage to get around 1000 visitors a day. I'm also right where I want to be for most of the search results I'm interested. It's not perfect, but I'm in the top 5 for almost all of the major searches I'm concerned with. So to get to my question, does it matter that I don't have a page rank yet? Is there any reason to be concerned about this or to try and manipulate this at all?

Most sites don't get 1000 visitors a month. So with your pr0 for a start I think is quite good. Also you might discover that pr is not so imported as it might look.

shophia
07-02-2012, 03:26 AM
PR gets into account the similar issue search engine will when influential where to situate your website within SERPs. You should obviously build up PR if you’re optimizing your website properly so with a higher Page Rank you should rank higher in Google SERPs. It is a proven way of evaluating your seo project. Page Rank will evaluate your website to any others it regards as an authority on your topic area or business. Therefore it is important that your website is applicable to your topic as this will get better your PR score.

Mark10
07-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Thank for this kind of information!!!!!!!!

cartocare
07-03-2012, 12:31 AM
Page rank is very important if you are always asking for a link exchange partner because most of the webmaster are always prefer to exchange link if you have a high PR.

elinejoseph
07-03-2012, 06:06 AM
Page Rank plays vitual role in seo. it helps you to be on the of the search result. You can target the visitors by being on the top ranking. It depends upon the page's content quality. The page should have
unique and quality content and should cached by search engine spider. only them it can be on the top
ranking..!!

Mark10
07-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Yes Page Rank is very important..

jackbrown1
07-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Hi

Page rank is updated by 2-3 months ...

angeljeniffer
07-05-2012, 01:06 AM
Many webmasters will tell you from experience that other factors besides PageRank, such as keyword density and placement, have taken a larger role in website ranking. No one will argue that PageRank has become irrelevant, but there is significant evidence to suggest that PageRank is not quite as important of a factor in website ranking as it once was.

android45
07-05-2012, 01:54 AM
Page rank is very important to every website because it will drive huge traffic to our website if you are in good position on search engine.

esprintguy
07-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Page Rank is usually assigned one or two times in a year by Google. PR also determines the legitimacy of the website. Your website is practically new I guess. But just go on with your efforts and see it go up.

LiamObraim
07-07-2012, 02:42 AM
Page rank is really very important for any website. It shows how much your website popularity is in the web world. Search engine gives this page rank to all the website.

jamsen
02-24-2013, 12:30 PM
PageRank is what Google uses to determine the importance of a web page. It's one of many factors used to determine which pages appear in search results.

Vamp1re
02-25-2013, 08:05 AM
Page Rank is a numeric value that represents how important a page is on the web. Page rank can be increased by having other websites link to your content

blessy_smith
02-26-2013, 12:48 AM
Page Rank in a website or keyword on search is very good in promoting your website.

yepionline
03-01-2013, 02:21 AM
Hi Friends,
Both have importance.As you know panda update is based on content and penguin update is based on back-links so both have their importance in seo.
Thanks