PDA

View Full Version : What is the use of alt tag in image optimization ?

Harry Mark
08-06-2012, 07:56 AM
Hello friends
Please give me the answer.

Amy.Sarin
08-06-2012, 08:06 AM
Alt tags are the labels that describe the images on your web page. It’s a descriptive image text tells the search engines about the subject matter of the image. It helps search engines to determine which image matches the user’s query. Also, an alt tag provides important information to people

- using screen readers
- with low bandwidth connections
- with visual impairments

amittrch
08-06-2012, 08:10 AM
Hi,
i am agree with above answer

nataliamike
08-06-2012, 08:15 AM
The alt attribute helps to decorate the text in the image by applying different style using the tag for e.g., alt=" with images.

NolanBrian
08-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Very nice sharing brother....

terrijhon
08-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Answers are very informative....

blessy_smith
08-08-2012, 01:25 AM
Alt tag generally use to describe an image, however you can use your main keyword with alt tag so that it can get more value from various search engines.

simplyelectrica
08-08-2012, 07:25 AM
Search Engine Spider does not follow Image. it read only Text. So use Alt tag to spider follow image.

adumpaul
08-09-2012, 07:08 AM
alt tag describe the images in text.You can use your keywords in alt tag.

harrybrown
08-09-2012, 07:12 AM
Hi

Alt tage is use to give an description about image..

samdorjey
08-10-2012, 07:11 AM
Search engine reads only text it can't read images so we use Alt tag to describe an image, however you can use your main keyword with alt tag so that it can get more value from various search engines.

alfraidjones
08-14-2012, 07:14 AM
Image ALT Tag makes your website a lot more accessible to people who are impaired that use a text reader.you may already have a website that is filled with content rich material, but alt tag will help to reinforce your targeted keywords within your content.

rosesmark
09-25-2012, 12:59 AM
Some examples:

If a search button is a magnifying glass or binoculars its alt text should be ’search’ or ’find’ not ’magnifying glass’ or ’binoculars’.
If an image is meant to convey the literal contents of the image, then a description is appropriate.
If it is meant to convey data, then that data is what is appropriate.
If it is meant to convey the use of a function, then the function itself is what should be used.

Some Alt Attribute Guidelines:

Always add alt attributes to images. Alt is mandatory for accessibility and for valid XHTML.
For images that play only a decorative role in the page, use an empty alt (i.e. alt="") or a CSS background image so that reading browsers do not bother users by uttering things like "spacer image".
Remember that it is the function of the image we are trying to convey. For instance; any button images should not include the word "button" in the alt text. They should emphasize the action performed by the button.
Alt text should be determined by context. The same image in a different context may need drastically different alt text.
Try to flow alt text with the rest of the text because that is how it will be read with adaptive technologies like screen readers. Someone listening to your page should hardly be aware that a graphic image is there.

madtteam28
06-14-2013, 05:51 AM
You have given the answer in your question. What is the use of alt tag and the answer is to optimize image for search engine.

johndevis
06-14-2013, 05:58 AM
Alt tags are the labels that describe the images on your web page. It’s a descriptive image text tells the search engines about the subject matter of the image. It helps search engines to determine which image matches the user’s query. Also, an alt tag provides important information to people

- using screen readers
- with low bandwidth connections
- with visual impairments

Very good answer. I didn't know that before this much about alt tag of image optimization even though i did it.