PDA

View Full Version : What is htaccess file and use of it ?

Harry Mark
08-14-2012, 08:32 AM
Hello friends
Please give me the answer.

jamestylor
08-15-2012, 06:03 AM
Hello Friend here i am sharing some information about this topic...

htaccess file is a configuration file which is used on Apache based web servers to control many features of the server.

blessy_smith
08-16-2012, 01:47 AM
.htaccess - hypertext access file is basically used for redirection.

morganlong
08-16-2012, 02:31 AM
Htaccess is configuration files that control directory it is placed in and all other subdirectories which are underneath it. It is robust and useful file that allows webmasters to organize many aspects of their website works. Using this file you can do many changes like redirect the pages, change the extensions of pages and much more..
It also used in canonical tag which is useful for prevention of duplicate content.

samdorjey
08-17-2012, 12:32 AM
htaccess files are like configuration files used with Apache Servers.

albertsmith
10-08-2012, 02:07 AM
Hypertext Access short name of this file is .htaccess. It is very important file for the site owner because you can redirect your site pages, change the extensions of pages, protect passwords and much more. .htaccess file gives you control on redirection of your pages. This should be done using FTP server program. You can solve page duplication problems by help of this. It has a number of benefits.

govindsharan
10-08-2012, 06:20 AM
This file is a configuration file for use on web servers running the Apache Web Server software. When a .htaccess file is placed in a directory. It is executes by the Apache Web Server software and use for Password protection.

borgninestallon
10-08-2012, 06:49 AM
Hello friends
Please give me the answer.

Wiki article is the best one to know more about htaccess. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Htaccess