PDA

View Full Version : What are inbound links and what are outbound links?

seoxoom
09-13-2012, 07:20 AM
Hello webmaster I am new to seo and bit confuse about what are inbound and outbound links.

steverandey
09-13-2012, 07:59 AM
Inbound links or commonly known as “backlinks” are the links pointing to your site and search engines like Google like it when you have thousands of links pointing to your site but sometimes Google penalizes you for it too if you have poor quality and irrelevant backlinks pointing to your site. Yes, because you have no authority over the inbound links which others post for you. Google only likes it when relevant links point to your site but as you have no control over them you cannot control which sites point to your site. But if your content is rich with information and unique then chances are that people will link to your site and there are more chances that those links will be “dofollow” and you will get some free and targeted traffic to your site. Inbound links that are “dofollow” also increase your website’s PR and SERPs and are considered healthy for any blog or website.
Outbound links:
These are the links pointing to other websites from your website and you have more control over these links. People have different views about outbound links and many say that it is against the SEO rules and search engines can penalize you for doing this. This approach is wrong; I know Google cannot penalize me if I put a link to Google inside my post. My theory is that you should link to relevant content if it gives more information to your readers. Bloggers are of the view that you lose traffic when you put outbound links in your posts but if you share useful resources then chances are that your readers will stick to your blog and will come back in search of more useful resources. But if you do put outbound links in your posts then make sure they are pointing to relevant, original and informative content.

stevepearls
09-14-2012, 12:58 AM
Hello,

Inbound links are those point to your website. i.e also called back-link for website. and outbound link are those that points away from your website. i.e outgoing link.

ackerlee
09-14-2012, 01:40 AM
Inbound Link:

An inbound link is a hyperlink transiting domains. Links are inbound from the perspective of the link target, and conversely, outbound from the perspective of the originator.

Outbound Link:

Since PageRank is based on the linking structure of the whole web, it is inescapable that if the inbound links of a page influence its PageRank, its outbound links do also have some impact.

JanPaul
09-14-2012, 01:50 AM
Thanks for the sharing information guys..thanks

amittrch
09-14-2012, 07:17 AM
Hi,
Inbound link means incomming link and outbound link means outgoing link from your website.

Vamp1re
06-04-2013, 02:23 AM
Inbound Links
Inbounds links are those which take you to your site’s other page. Means interlinking, As well A click on anyother site which will take you to your site.
Outbound links
Outbound links are those links which we create on our website and point those link to other website. Outbound link also known as external link.

noahwilson
06-04-2013, 02:23 AM
Thanks to all of you for sharing you feedback on this topic, its really so informative for me.

blessy_smith
06-04-2013, 03:04 AM
(a) Inbound link - Is a link to your website.
(b) Outbound link - Is a link From your website.

nishasharma1490
06-04-2013, 04:09 AM
Inbound links are those links that pointing to your site and search engines like Google like it when you have thousands of links pointing to your site but sometimes Google penalizes you for it too if you have poor quality and irrelevant backlinks pointing to your site.
And outbound links are those links are those links that pointing to other websites from your website and you have more control over these links. People have different views about outbound links and many say that it is against the SEO rules and search engines can penalize you for doing this.
Source: http://wordztogo.com/what-are-inbound-and-outbound-links/
Visit this site it will help you more..

innovativeweb
06-04-2013, 04:29 AM
Hello,

Inbound links or commonly known as “backlinks” are the links pointing to your site and outbound link are those that points away from your website

Rajdeep Bose
06-05-2013, 07:25 AM
inbound links are links leading in to your site from other sites. Incoming links are the best types of link to get, from a marketing point of view, since they're offering you something for nothing in the form of free traffic and a boost in the search engines! Incoming links drive more traffic to your site by increasing the number of paths to your site. In addition, they help you at the search engines.

Any link from your website or blog to another website blog is an outbound link. Outbound link are from one blog to another. Outbound link are sent visitor to your sites. Outbound links are the links placed on a page that point to an external location such as another website etc. Outbound Links are a good indicator of the quality of a Back link.

saiyadgulbaz
06-05-2013, 07:32 AM
Hi all,,

Inbound link means that link come to my site from other site. but Outbound link go to other site from my site.

Johnpaul
06-05-2013, 09:29 AM
Link which comes to your website is called in Inbound link or Back link
Link which goes to the other site for your website is called Outbound Link

bestbloggercafe
06-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Thanks bro nice and informative post

johndevis
06-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Inbound links are internal links where site gets links from itself, which is also called back-links.
Outbound links are those a website gets from other websites, by doing off-page SEO.