PDA

View Full Version : Ecommerce Merchant Account

raj_kumar
01-25-2007, 06:11 AM
To get the customer’s money into your own bank account you will need the services of an ecommerce (http://www.ccsgroupindia.com/website-design/ecommerce-website-shopping-cart-providers.htm) merchant account provider.

This service may be provided by your bank or independent financial institutions, failing that you can make use of the most popular online account provider, Paypal.

The ecommerce merchant account is an essential interface between your shopping cart and your bank account that takes care of the credit and debit card processing. You cannot do this part yourself, you need to use an authorized financial institution.

michelle63
03-13-2007, 10:38 AM
That's a very good advice. But, there are more to that. If you get an internet merchant account, you should go ahead and purchase an SSL certificate for your site and secure your site with 256 bit encryption. Failure to encrypt your site will result in sales being lost by potential customers. Not many customers will purchase from a site that is not encrypted and secured, because credit card numbers can get stolen through the process of purchasing. Usually the hosting company you are with can guide you in installing the certificate and securing your site for you free of charge after you purchase the ssl certificate. I know the hosting company I am with does that for free for me

viphost
05-31-2007, 03:46 AM
This has come a very long way, and in the present day ecommerce world, credit card processing is a very easy task whit the rising of online CC processing companies such as Paypal, 2checkout, worldpay, Moneybookers etc etc and with these e-tools even a 15 yr old kid can put up a highly functional eCommerce web site and make a good income online. :cool:

Bobby
06-12-2007, 04:55 AM
Paypal offer merchand accounts? I have nver heard that before.

Hadwin
05-25-2012, 07:49 AM
Your credit card merchant account can put you ahead of the competition, as others will see you as an innovative leader in your field and bring their business to you instead of other entrepreneurs who do not yet have merchant accounts.

peterjhon
05-30-2012, 07:30 AM
E-commerce merchant accounts provide the flexibility for online business. It is very secure and reliable.If you have an Internet merchant account than a customer can transfer money to your account.