PDA

View Full Version : become a reseller

IMC
09-27-2004, 12:24 PM
Hello All,

I'd like to become a reseller. Could any one advise me on what I need to know and some recommended companies? It would be nice if you could recommend any companies you have been with, or are with at the moment. Preferrably a relatively large firm with a solid background in hosting. All of your reply would be appreciate.

1PlanHost
09-27-2004, 01:48 PM
Hi

First you will need to research various companies in detail. Look for non-solicited customer reviews on hosting directories and forums such as hostsearch.com and webhostingtalk.com

I would HIGHLY recomend staying away from companies that appear to offer the world with unlimited domains, unlimited space, unlimited emails, bandwidth, etc. These companies oversell their server resources and it will eventually translate into poor performance and unreliability for you and your customers. There is no such thing as unlimited resources so don't fall for that trap which is so common in today's market.

Then decide if you want to have full control over setting your own hosting plan features and prices verses simply reselling another companies existing plans. Having the flexibility to set up your own plan features and prices is the best way to go since you can tailor your plans to your customers needs.

Also look for the ability to have automated sign ups so you can sell direct to your customers and their accounts can be set up quickly on the server. An automated billing system that you can use is also a nice feature to have to bill your customers with.

Next, you will want to ensure your customers will have their own control panel to manage their accounts and that it enables your customers to perform various functions on their own which cuts down on your support time.

Many reseller companies do not offer the basic features recomended above so be sure to shop around and research carefully the reliability of various companies.

I would also invite you to consider 1PlanHost.com as your reseller provider. For more information see ourWindows Hosting Reseller Program (http://www.1planhost.com/resellers/resellers.asp) and Why Choose 1PlanHost as your
reseller provider (http://www.1planhost.com/resellers/whychooseus.asp) Unlike many of our competitors, we do not strive to offer the cheapest reseller program available on the Internet but we do offer attractive pricing for a very reliable feature rich resellers hosting package.

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!

IMC
09-28-2004, 11:46 AM
Thank you 1plan, I like to read you post here at DCH. Are you the owner of this forum?:o

1PlanHost
09-28-2004, 12:00 PM
Hi IMC,

Neither I nor my company are owners or affiliate in any way with this forum. I am just a forum member just like every one else.

This forum is owned by Clicksee Network Co., Ltd. which also owns HostSearch.com and other properties. In my opinion, they do a very fine job and I appreciate their work.

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!

NS-Icon
10-22-2004, 02:53 AM
I agree with 1PlanHost, Clicksee Networks have indeed carried out a great job with this forum.

I personally would also steer away from hosting companies which offer unlimited everything, some aspects are understandable, such as domains, pop3 and MySQL etc, however in terms of bandwidth and disk space, I find it highly unfeasible for any hosting provider.

You may also find some good information and offers at webhostingtalk.com and hostsearch.com

1PlanHost.com seems to provide some nice windows reseller solutions, why not take a look over their services. One thing is for sure ;) you can always find them on DiscussHosting.com :D

Best of luck with your search.

centos
11-17-2004, 09:28 AM
You should also look for their Technical support because support is the one area all the hosting companies can differ from another.

dogotek
05-13-2005, 10:29 PM
You should also look for their Technical support because support is the one area all the hosting companies can differ from another.

Support, Support and more SUPPORT ! I agree.

coolhandle
02-20-2023, 03:18 AM
If you are thinking to start a reseller hosting business. A CoolHandle reseller plan is a great way for you to start your own full-time web hosting company. We offer you complete flexibility and scalability with all the tools you need to succeed.

Their best reseller hosting (https://www.coolhandle.com/reseller-hosting/) plan gives you complete control over every aspect of your hosting business, from resource allocation to payment methods and what additional services you choose to provide your clients domains, SSL certificates, etc.

Wilsonjacob45
03-06-2023, 11:36 PM
eUKhost is the finest hosting service, which value the needs of their customers & Support is critical in the hosting industry since it helps consumers to solve issues at any moment.
Customers rated them 4.8 out of 5 for excellent 24/7/365 support and 99.95 % uptime.
Their administrative and technical teams have always been available to support us with anything we've requested and to ensure a smooth move to their server.

Service which provided by eUKhost

1) cPanel Hosting
2) WordPress Hosting
3) Reseller Linux
4) Business Hosting
5) Windows Hosting
6) Reseller Windows
7) Cloud Server
8) Linux VPS
9) Windows VPS
10) Dedicated Servers
11) Imunify 360