PDA

View Full Version : Does Alexa Ranking Helps In SEO?

borgninestallon
10-11-2012, 04:00 AM
Alexa rank will not help in SEO. Having a high or low alexa rank does not help a site one bit. It is just to attract or impress people. A low Alexa ranking means that a site has more visitors from those with the toolbar installed.

I have read in a article, which makes me surprise. I have pasted the same below.

"The best way to improve an Alexa ranking is to install the toolbar and just visit your own site a few times a day (and even better if you can get a friend to do the same) and then watch the big improvement in the site’s Alexa ranking. Make sure you do not visit your competitors site, as just visiting them will improve their ranking! This makes a mockery of the Alexa rankings."

What is your feedback on the same.?

webcreations
10-11-2012, 05:10 AM
Alexa rank cannot help you be the top ten in Google search. This is because it is based on tracking information of users of its toolbar such as Explorer and Firefox. This is to mean that they only rank users who have their side bars.

ahsanabrar
10-11-2012, 06:17 AM
alexa just tell us about the source of traffic it is not helpful in SEO

mikeslough5
10-11-2012, 07:04 AM
Alexa rank don't help us in liknk building, I think its only for a impression of search engine.

borgninestallon
10-15-2012, 03:05 AM
Yes you are correct. It is just for impressing the people. But the clients without knowing these information, they need their alexa rank to be improved to 1000.

jeetu123
10-15-2012, 04:27 PM
According to me, Alexa ranking is not beneficial for SEO.